We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I have an address but no other info on where i'm going!

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
I have an address but no other info on where i'm going!

My sister in law has booked a weekend break in budapest this weekend and i'm trying to find out a little more about the area and if i'll be able to get some essentials from round there when i arrive as i'll be travelling with two children. I looked on google street view and it doesn't look that friendly to me!

The address is Kertesz u. 18, 3/26, Budapest 1073, Hungary

If anyone can tell me anything about this area i'd be really grateful. Especially what district is this?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Budapest
Budapest
Central Hungary, Hungary
Hungary
Hungary
Europe
Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
3,270 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I have an address but no other info on where i'm going!

Hi Claire,

Don't worry....you're location in district 7 is solid. You are within a few minutes walk to Blaha Ljusza ter that is a public transport hub with metro, bus and tram that can get you to most places quickly. The location is fairly close to city center, I'd say about a 15-minute walk to Deak ter (fairly center center) or 25 minutes to the riverfront - or just a few minutes by public transportation.

On the corner of Rakoczi ut and Erszebet korut there is a Match grocery store that is solid - say a 5ish minute walk. There is also a Spar on Erszebet korut around the corner of Kiraly - a 10ish minute walk. If you like Indian food, try Dehli Darbar on Dohany, close to corner at Akacfa. There is also a park closeby (Budapest has many parks) just a couple blocks away.

The neighborhood is blue collar, with mixed use real estate primarily small shops and residential. It's a lively area in terms of traffic, but safe (as is the entire city). You're in a fine (not awesome in terms of in the very heart of the city) location and it should work well for you.

Best,

Jeremy

Mentioned in this post
Budapest
Budapest
Central Hungary, Hungary
Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I have an address but no other info on where i'm going!

Thank you so much jeremy, I am not so worried now! You have been very helpful :)

3. Re: I have an address but no other info on where i'm going!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2015, 15:18