We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days to spare around christchurch

victoria
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
4 days to spare around christchurch

My boyfriend and I had our trip planned but due to work commitments it will no longer be the two of us but just me! I have 4 days to do some single traveler friendly things around christchurch

Originally we were planning to spend 2 nights in akaroa and then drive to QT but instead i am going to potter around Christchurch and fly to QT- I will have a car. I don't like big cities. So far i have come up with

-hanmer springs

- akaroa still

are there any more destinations/ things to do that anyone can suggest?

Thanks!!

California
Level Contributor
7,858 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 days to spare around christchurch

Hanmer Springs one night, then continue on to Kaikoura for another. Do a whale watch or dolphin swim there, or walk the peninsula walkway. Slightly north of Kaikoura is the seal colony and Ohau Falls. It's about a 2 and a half hour drive from Kaikoura back to Christchurch.

Christchurch
Level Contributor
1,693 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 days to spare around christchurch

Yes, Hanmer and Kaikoura and Akaroa. Also the drive to Arthur's Pass is well worth doing. There are walks at AP and you can drive over to Otira and back before heading home, stopping at the lookout on the way to view the Otira Viaduct.

You can also easily fill in a day exploring Christchurch itself - walk around the Botannical Gardens and along the Avon River, have a drive up to the Sign of the Kiwi, drive out to Sumner and, of course, visit the Restart: Cashel St Mall.

3. Re: 4 days to spare around christchurch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2013, 18:21
Get answers to your questions about Akaroa