We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Friendly Vineyards

uk
Level Contributor
3,910 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Family Friendly Vineyards

We are very excited to be heading to Waiheke next weekend - it has come around very quickly and our research at this stage is a little light so hoping TA can point us in the right direction.

My husband and I are big wine fans and are looking forward to sample some wonderful wines.

We do however have our 4 year old daughter and 6 month old son in tow.

Looking for suggestions of vineyards to visit which offer excellent wines but are equally family friendly in their tasting rooms.

We are staying in the Palm Beach area and will have a rental car.

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
17,612 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Friendly Vineyards

Hi Geordie,

Wild on Waiheke along the Onetangi straight is very family-friendly. Only a short distance from Palm Beach - http://wildonwaiheke.co.nz/.

If you are keen to see what the Far End of the island is like, then Man O War bay wines has a wonderful outdoor setting ideal for picnic food, andwith a pretty beach across the road - www.manowarvineyards.co.nz/tasting-room/.

Passage Rock towards Orapiu (go past Onetangi village) is family-friendly - http://www.passagerock.co.nz/

Auckland Central...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Friendly Vineyards

Hi Geordie,

I wonder if you are able to let us know where you went when you were on Waiheke with your kids? My family and I are also about to head to Waiheke and wonder if you can recommend a family friendly Vineyard that you experienced?

Any other recommendations?

Lisa

Kula, Hawaii
Level Contributor
78 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Friendly Vineyards

Hi, I'm not Geordie, but I visited Waiheke this past March with my young adult daughter. We found a few of the wineries kind of stuffy and were disappointed, and then we stumbled upon Wild on Waiheke and it was a breath of fresh air. Totally family oriented, delicious food and wine/brews, lots of casual outdoor seating that overlooks all of the activities so you can keep an eye on your kids. If I recall correctly, they had archery set up, a climbing/playground set, a trampoline, and I'm probably missing other stuff. There will be plenty to keep your kids busy and they won't feel out of place. Hope you have fun!

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family Friendly Vineyards

Cable Bay, or Poderi Crisci

Auckland
Level Contributor
1,653 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family Friendly Vineyards

Man O War is family friendly.

The Shed restaurant at Te Motu had a cute little wooden gypsy caravan filled with toys one time when we were there. You'd need to be eating there to make use of it. A walk across the paddocks gets you to Stoneyridge and Wild on Waiheke so they are all quite handy to each other.

Peacock Sky and Passage Rock did not really have much for kids.

6. Re: Family Friendly Vineyards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2018, 14:18
Get answers to your questions about Waiheke Island
More Waiheke Island Topics