We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking from Tantalus to Onetangi Bay

Vancouver
Level Contributor
54 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Walking from Tantalus to Onetangi Bay

I'm wondering if there is a walking trail from Tantalus Vineyards to Onetangi Bay? I've heard there is a "wine trophy" trail in Onetangi, but not sure if that would somehow link up to Tantalus. Any advice?

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
17,320 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking from Tantalus to Onetangi Bay

Hi Lisa,

Without knowing which vineyards the wine trophy trail includes, I think you are best to walk along Onetangi Straight, which is the main route linking Onetangi with Ostend, and continue to the beachfront this way. There isn't much pedestrian leeway along this busy road, so it's better to walk towards opposing traffic until you reach the Onetangi petrol station.

There is a sort of short-cut when you get to the Onetangi petrol station which takes you along Seaview Rd (turn left) until you reach the signpost for the walkway/steps that lead down to the beach. Quite a steep track though. You could always bus back to your accommodation or to the ferry terminal.

Once you get to Tantalus, ask the staff there about the wineries walking track.

2. Re: Walking from Tantalus to Onetangi Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2018, 14:17
Get answers to your questions about Waiheke Island
More Waiheke Island Topics