We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HAL Excursion Vendors

California
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
1 helpful vote
HAL Excursion Vendors

Does anyone have a list of the vendors that HAL uses for excursions? I would prefer to book direct.

4 replies to this topic
Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage
Level Contributor
13,353 posts
232 reviews
150 helpful votes
1. Re: HAL Excursion Vendors

I don't know if you can figure out the vendors from this link:

https:/…holland_america_cruises

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
6,964 posts
2. Re: HAL Excursion Vendors

I'm not sure they're allowed to do that, since then HAL doesn't get its cut. I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

But you could book with similar tours.

Edited: 11 May 2018, 01:19
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: HAL Excursion Vendors

When I was planning my cruise excursions in 2016 with HAL, i googled the description of the excursion in the HAL brochure and you can generally work out who they are, but in general there was little price difference for booking the same tour direct. I found it better to book an alternative but similar tour. If you haven't been on TA sister site Cruise Critic, I highly recommend it for suggestions of alternative tours in the various ports

Edited: 11 May 2018, 02:18
fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
16,328 posts
34 reviews
94 helpful votes
4. Re: HAL Excursion Vendors

Which tours are you looking at specifically? There are a free tours that are only bookable through the ship. The whale watching in Juneau is operated by Allen Marine. You can book other companies on your own. The glacier tour over near Haines is only available through the ship I believe.

Edited: 11 May 2018, 06:34
Reply to: HAL Excursion Vendors
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted