We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant with a view of National Mall, Washington DC

Oakville, Ontario
2 posts
Save Topic
Restaurant with a view of National Mall, Washington DC

I need a breathtaking view of the mall and its monumental buildings. Would any one have any recommendations and experiences they might want to share?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
57,095 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant with a view of National Mall, Washington DC

Washington DC has building height limits, so there really isn't anything like you're looking for. There are no skyscrapers or really tall buildings in the city.

The Doubletree Hotel in Arlington has a lounge with a view, I think it revolves. But it's across the river from Washington and I'm not sure of the actual view.

The "POV" terrace at the W Hotel has a good view of the White House and Washington Monument.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,589 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant with a view of National Mall, Washington DC

There are no tall buildings in DC. There have been several recent discussions of this topic. The bar and restaurant at the top of the new W Hotel Washington probably has the best view, but compared to a city with skyscrapers, it isn't very grand.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant with a view of National Mall, Washington DC

The restaurant at the top of the Marriott Key Bridge (if its still open) has a great view of Georgetown and DC.

Does Charlie Palmer Steak have a rooftop restaurant area? They are located on the Senate side of the Capitol in a location that could have a view.

Maryland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
57,095 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant with a view of National Mall, Washington DC

"Does Charlie Palmer Steak have a rooftop restaurant area? "

Yes, but I believe it's only available for private events.

Maryland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
57,095 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant with a view of National Mall, Washington DC

I just looked at their website, it does appear to be only for private events. Nice views though...

charliepalmer.com/Properties/…

6. Re: Restaurant with a view of National Mall, Washington DC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2010, 13:20