We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Superstition Sunrise

Edmonton, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Superstition Sunrise

Hi,

I'm new to this. We are going for 1 week to Superstition Sunrise (never been there) and I would like to know how far the Grand Canyon is for a visit. I would also like to know what other interesting sights are there for a day trip (if the Grand Canyon is too far away). Also if the Grand Canyon is more than a day trip, where can one stay overnight?

What is the nearest beach and how far is it? What about the resort itself? This is a gift from a family member but no idea as to how the rooms are and there does not seem to be a picture in their website.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks Angelica

4 replies to this topic
tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
16,449 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Superstition Sunrise

Superstition Sunrise is an RV resort in Apache Junction. Is that your destination? There are many pictures on their web site. If that is the destination, I do not believe they have rooms. Perhaps it is a different place or name?

There are no beaches in Arizona. The closest would be in Mexico or California, 4-7 hours away.

The Grand Canyon would be about a 4.5 hour drive from AJ, and would only be sensible as an overnight trip at least, not a day trip. The best place to stay overnight at GCNP is in a park lodge.

Kelowna, BC
Level Contributor
197 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Superstition Sunrise

There actually is a beach at Tempe Beach Park. I think it's a manmade lake, but there's honest to god sand, water, and picnic tables!

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
16,449 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Superstition Sunrise

This post is more than a year old, and the OP never came back and never made another post.

Kelowna, BC
Level Contributor
197 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Superstition Sunrise

I know Bob - I was kind of showing off! My husband and I were looking for a beach (we looked long and hard, believe me!) but in the end we found that one in Tempe. Couldn't go to it though, they were having some sort of beer garden thing with all you could drink beer and hordes of college students! We would have been sadly out of place. Plan on going back some time though, just to check it out.

I wonder how she made out at Superstition Sunrise - we just bought a place there!

Christine

Reply to: Superstition Sunrise
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Apache Junction