We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short-term houseboat rentals

Palos Park
2 posts
Save Topic
Short-term houseboat rentals

Interested in a Spring houseboat rental..which of the lakes has the most to offer (Apache Lake, T. Roosevelt, etc.) & any recommendations on where to get a shorterm rental of say 2 nights, 3 days?

4 replies to this topic
tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
16,457 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short-term houseboat rentals

I do not believe that there are houseboat rentals on any of the Salt River lakes. The closest would be Lake Havasu, Lake Mead and Lake Powell. The boat rentals at Canyon, Apache and Roosevelt do have pontoon boats for rent.

Mesa, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tempe
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short-term houseboat rentals

If you google Roosevelt Lake Houseboat rental you should find information. You can rent pontoon boats for the day at the other lakes. Lake Pleasant has a houseboat for rent to sleep in but it does not leave the dock (LOL!).

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
16,457 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short-term houseboat rentals

This is something I have looked into for my own purposes. I found no houseboat rentals at Roosevelt Lake in Arizona. Call the Roosevelt Lake Marina and ask them. There may be private parties offering such rentals, but I didn't find any.

You will find a Roosevelt Lake in Washington with houseboat rentals but I don't think that's what you want.

Phoenix, Arizona
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Short-term houseboat rentals

Apache is nice, remote and relatively uncrowded. it would be a great place for swimming, canooing, boating, or that kind of thing. i've seen campers right on the beach, very nice. small though. well, i guess there are likely different drop in points.

roosevelt probably has more options, b/c it's huge. Canyon lake is nice, more people though. family friendly, picnic tables, very nice. they all have boating and swimming. from canyone (west) to apache, is a dirt road, kind of a pain. roosevelt can be accessed easier to come up from florence, to the south.

Reply to: Short-term houseboat rentals
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Apache Junction