We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does Disneyland Hotel & other hotels take cash deposit

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Does Disneyland Hotel & other hotels take cash deposit

Hi :)

Does anyone know or could give me some information on hotel deposits please? We will be travelling next year to Anaheim & plan on staying at the Disneyland Hotel for one night & then 6 nights at either Residence inn by Marriot at Anaheim resort/convention centre, Howard Johnson Anaheim hotel & water playground, Springhill suites by Marriot Anaheim resort/convention centre OR Courtyard by Marriot theme park entrance .... So my question is can I pay a cash deposit for any of these hotels & how much are they usually? This is our first trip out of Australia so I wouldn’t have a clue ... I don’t have a credit card & don’t think I’ll be able to get one & I don’t want to use my debit card because I’ve heard & read that the hold on the card can take ages to clear oh & aswell as Car Hire we are renting a car from Alamo do they accept cash deposits aswell ?

Thanks in advance

Mentioned in this post
Anaheim
Anaheim
Orange County, CA
Disneyland Hotel
Disneyland Hotel
3,173 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
The Anaheim Hotel
The Anaheim Hotel
164 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
SpringHill Suites at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center
SpringHill Suites at...
450 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Alamo Inn & Suites
Alamo Inn & Suites
301 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
18 replies to this topic
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Does Disneyland Hotel & other hotels take cash deposit

Thank guys for the replies & advice :)

Edited: 28 November 2017, 00:14
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,238 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Does Disneyland Hotel & other hotels take cash deposit

Just an FYI regarding Disneyland Hotel:

A new hotel is slated to be built in Downtown Disney, next to the Disneyland Hotel (opening by 2021). There will be three Downtown Disney locations next to the DLH removed: Rainforest Cafe, AMC Theater, and Earl of Sandwich. This area should be a construction zone by December. Walk through areas will be made and attractive walls will be put up to hide ground level work.

Additionally, there will be a new multi-level parking structure built next to the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure. That needs to be completed before Spring or Summer 2019 and may be going up at the same time that the other work is going on. This will be in the distance, behind the Fantasy Tower. Not a good view in the first place.

You will want a room that doesn't face Downtown Disney. So, hopefully, facing the courtyard and pool. It can be hard to get a request honored, but you can try.

I noticed in another thread you have a generous budget for food and souvenirs. You could actually divert some of that to your budget for lodging and consider staying at the Disney Grand Californian Hotel for that one night rather than the Disneyland Hotel.

Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Hotel
Disneyland Hotel
3,173 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Downtown Disney
Downtown Disney
8,114 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Rainforest Cafe
Rainforest Cafe
2,844 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Earl of Sandwich
Earl of Sandwich
1,089 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
Disney's Grand...
4,738 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Tijuana, Anaheim
Level Contributor
3,918 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Does Disneyland Hotel & other hotels take cash deposit

RR, I'm not sure this is the right thread... did some TA "magic" happen here??

Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
58,384 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Does Disneyland Hotel & other hotels take cash deposit

The question from November is about cash deposits. Is that what we are answering?

Level Contributor
6,201 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Does Disneyland Hotel & other hotels take cash deposit

I don't know but I'll bet we're about to hear something about a youtube video.

Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
58,384 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Does Disneyland Hotel & other hotels take cash deposit

👍

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
30,148 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Does Disneyland Hotel & other hotels take cash deposit

As you can see info is going to vary alot, as sometimes its an option for Hotel as well as rentals and sometimes not. It would make your life so much easier, if you can just do a secured credit card, where you basically as said put the funds in an account and use it for a credit card that way. That way no fuss about worrying if funds will quickly get returned to you or not, and it gives you the flexibility if they will take a cash depost or not to not have to worry about that. Just opens up so many more options for you and will make your trip be so much more enjoyable to not have to hassle with all of this Imo. I would do whatever you need to get that Credit Card, and if you have the money to pay it all off when your done, then do that.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,238 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Does Disneyland Hotel & other hotels take cash deposit

https:/…g29092

For anyone wondering why I posted in this thread thar was started in November, please visit the original poster's profile linked above.

She has a few threads and has been asking questions related to their December 2018 visit. This is one of them.

I posted the information unrelated to cash deposits but related to construction near the Disneyland Hotel because it is relates to her spending money on that hotel. I certainly would want to know if there was going to be construction near a hotel I have chosen before I decided to book it.

Edited: 17 January 2018, 03:39
Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Hotel
Disneyland Hotel
3,173 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Reply to: Does Disneyland Hotel & other hotels take cash deposit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted