We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendations

Perth Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel recommendations

Hi

We are a family of 4, 2 x adults, 2 x teenagers (14/17) travelling to Disneyland as a part of a big USA trip in December/early January.

I went to travel agent to collect itinerary/tickets etc.. and there was a HUGE mistake in my booking..... We decided to splurge and go all out (trip of a lifetime etc...) and book Concierge club rooms at Disneyland hotel for 7/8/9 December, but when we looked at the booking, the travel agent has booked us in for 7/8/9 January!

So we are under 2 weeks from arriving in Disneyland without any accommodation :(

We are devastated... Travel agent is trying to get us accommodation but it looks like all Disney properties are sold out....

We chose Disneyland hotel for - premium hotel, walk to park entrance (can duck back during day if we need a break), Disney magic experience.

Any recommendations on alternatives, obviously being so close to arriving there are not many choices.

They have put on hold a room at Sheraton Park hotel and Courtyard Anaheim Theme Park.

Are they any good?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Lisa

17 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
4,077 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel recommendations

Cncel the Sheraton, the Courtyard is a MUCH better choice.

I would also consider Hyatt House and Residence Inn Convention Center. Both of these will include breakfast for 4.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,468 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel recommendations

Courtyard Theme Park may actually be a little closer than the Disneyland Hotel. I’ve never stayed there but it’s quite new and if it’s anything like other Courtyards, it would be fine. It’s definately not in the same class as the Disneyland hotel but Courtyards are generally clean, comfortable and this one seems to have a great waterpark and pool. The Sheraton is a nice hotel but would be a lot further to walk or you’d catch the ART shuttle for a fee. Both would be about a third the cost of a club level room at the Disneyland Hotel although if my agent did this to me, I would be asking for a full refund.

All the best.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
189 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel recommendations

That's a tough brake. Just out of curiosity have you tried calling the Disneyland Hotel directly. I know their website shows no availability but it can't hurt to call them. I wouldn't hold out much hope but you never know. Their number is +1 (714) 956-6425. Also as Stephen said above ask for a very generous refund.

Perth Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel recommendations

Thanks for your help, I will try to call Disneyland direct but doesn't help with the time difference!!!

The travel agent is going to try the hotel direct also on Monday....

The travel agent is offering a full refund, but I now need to find somewhere to stay!

Bonus is we will save some money!!

Perth Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel recommendations

I have looked at Hyatt House as well.

It has mixed reviews!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,046 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel recommendations

The new Courtyard Anaheim Theme Park entranceAnaheim Theme Park entrance is the same walk as the Disneyland Hotel is, about a 10 min walk to the Turnstiles that go into either Park. The only difference is, you wont get that early entry or upgraded service of staying at a Disney owned Hotel.

And you may find just booking direct yourself will get you alot better results both pricewise and comfortwise since you will know exactly whats going on. We often see travel agents do a really crazy job like this of booking people or put them somewhere thats not a good fit for what they want to do.

Sheraton Park.. is a nice well rated Hotel, but would be about a 15 min walk to the Turnstiles. So it really depends on what your looking for. They do offer Art shuttle service to and from Disneyland for a fee per person.

All places to stay will offer "mixed" reviews, since there are also alot of one time posters that can skew those numbers so reviews alone Imo are not as accurate as they could be. Hyatt House... is a well rated Hotel, and new. There is also the new Springhill Suites... on Katella. Both are about a 13 min walk to the Turnstiles and will offer Art shuttle service stop near the Hotels.

United States
Level Contributor
2,870 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel recommendations

Courtyard is a great choice.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
22,329 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel recommendations

What a bummer. I hope the travel agent is kicking back their commission or some discount for this big blunder. I too would choose the Courtyard over Sheraton. I hope this does not ruin the trip. Christmas at the Disneyland Resorts is magical. I won't make it this year but extended family will be there a week after you and others are going to Orlando that same week. Have a fabulous trip.

Edited: 27 November 2017, 07:22
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,468 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel recommendations

Happytotrip makes an excellent point that you may find cheaper rates booking direct. Courtyard Theme Park Entrance is showing 3 nights for $US1189 on their website, a bit under $A1600. Booking.com shows it at $A1906 so that just shows what the price difference can be. What is the agent (Flight Centre, am I right) quoting? Springhill Suites Anaheim Resort Area, the hotel website shows a Kids Suite for $US717, about $A965 vs $A1409 for the 3 nights on booking.com, an even bigger difference. This is just a quick 5 minute look using your dates. If the agent is going to charge you for the alternate Hotel, which I wouldn’t accept btw, make sure they don’t charge you over the odds. I’ve used a conversion rate of $1-35 which is pretty conservative.

Better still, there is availability still showing at many hotels near Disneyland, just get a full refund or the DL Hotel and book direct yourself. Use booking.com to see what’s available then go to the hotel website and book direct.

All the best.

Edited: 27 November 2017, 08:20
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
20,084 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel recommendations

I would choose the Sheraton Park Club Level for an overall view of Disneyland Resort. It's also more on par with the Disneyland Hotel.

Courtyard Theme Park doesn't have as nice a view. It has a small water park on site and some rooms overlook that as well as other hotels. I have never found this hotel attractive because of the waterpark.

I also think it's a good idea to call Disneyland Hotel directly. If they don't have a vacancy you may request they call you if and when they have someone cancel. Book the Sheraton Park with a rate that allows you to cancel.

I highly recommend looking at photos on the review pages for any place you are considering.

Edited: 27 November 2017, 08:31
Reply to: Hotel recommendations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted