We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary help please: DL and DCA 12/14 - 12/18

DALLAS, TEXAS
Level Contributor
31 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary help please: DL and DCA 12/14 - 12/18

Itinerary questions please :

Second time to visit. 7 year old and 5 year old. 5 days park pass. Not doing park hopper but pocketing the $$$ difference and will go to the Downtown Disney ice rink if crowds are unpleasant. Have never done a FastPass because kids were never tall enough to ride anything but this year we may need to??? What reservations / big events do I need to plan for?

12/14 arrive: DCA / 8:15pm world of color (reservations with Hungry Bear Pickup)

12/15 DL: 9:00pm Fantasia.

12/16 DCA: 1:10 Arial's Grotto character dining

12/17 DL: 10:40 Plaza Inn

12/18 open.... leave

Mentioned in this post
Downtown Disney
Downtown Disney
8,041 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Plaza Inn
Plaza Inn
931 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Special Offer
Best of Los Angeles Tour from Anaheim
237 Reviews
from US$57.99*
US$68.00
Free Cancellation
Full-Day Los Angeles Sightseeing Tour...
47 Reviews
from US$65.00*
Free Cancellation
Universal Studios Hollywood with...
54 Reviews
from US$142.99*
Free Cancellation
6 replies to this topic
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,085 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary help please: DL and DCA 12/14 - 12/18

You can view the Entertainment Schedule for your park days on line at the official Disneyland Resort website. I find that it is easy to go to with a google search. There is an abandance of entertainment in both parks, day and night. If you see something that you are curious what it is we can help you to figure it out. You can also search for it in you tube and likely find that it has been recorded.

Are you planning to see the Believe in Holiday Magic Fireworks and snowfall? A Christmas Fantasy Parade?

As for reservations, there is not much you need reservations for. The two dining experiences you have planned with them them.

There are dining packages for Fantasmic and World of Color that come with Fast Passes. But these show Fast Passes are free and easy to get. I may be "old school" but I don't like paying for something at Disneyland Resort that I can get for free. We can inform you about both the dining packages and how to get the free show Fast Passes. Let us know which appeals to you or if you want to know about both.

Disneyland Resort Parks are pretty easy to visit in that you don't need to make a lot of reservations like at Walt Disney World. The Fast Pass system is super easy and free. There is now something called Max Pass thar you can use on your phone through an app that is $10 per person per day. But it's pretty easy to just go to the FP machines and that's free.

Edited: 27 November 2017, 00:07
Mentioned in this post
Fantasmic!
Fantasmic!
880 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,085 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary help please: DL and DCA 12/14 - 12/18

To help us out, let us know how long ago was your first visit. Some things may have changed. Also, what do you remember best about it? What did you like?

I do want to let you know that there is a princess meet in greet in the Royal Hall in Fantasy Faire in Disneyland. It's free with park admission. Three princesses in three separate little rooms. Tiana may be out and about in New Orleans Square. Aurora is often out near Sleeping Beauty Castle

Unless you really want Ariel's Grotto, there is no need to book that to meet princesses.

Edited: 27 November 2017, 00:36
Mentioned in this post
New Orleans
New Orleans
Louisiana
Aurora
Aurora
Colorado
Ariel's Grotto
Ariel's Grotto
1,401 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,935 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary help please: DL and DCA 12/14 - 12/18

If you have booked Hungry Bear for your dining option, that is for the Fantasmic show, and NOT for the World of Color show. Here is what is offered for World of Color.

https:/…

Personally, I would suggest the Parkhopper. Your visiting at a busy time, it will be more helpful than you know to be able to Hop to California Adventure Park for a little while when Disneyland Park numbers swell in the mid afternoon. The two Park entrances are so close, many people hop back and forth multiple times in a day. Did you Parkhop last time? I do see though you have a 5 day ticket, so it is likely you have enough time even when its busy to at least be able to see what you want, so up to what you may want to do.

Having somewhere specific you have to be each day is not my idea of having a good time. Its pretty hard at times to have to work around set schedules for events or dining. But again, thats up to your travel style if your comfortable with that, I just see too many reservations as a hindrance.

Mentioned in this post
Fantasmic!
Fantasmic!
880 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
California
California
United States
Disneyland Park
Disneyland Park
24,697 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,085 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary help please: DL and DCA 12/14 - 12/18

Good catch Happytotrip! Yes. Hungry Bear is for Fantasmic. The viewing area for that package is pretty much opposite of the viewing area for much of the free fast pass that you can get from the FP machine on the morning. So it seems there are similar views, just one to the left of center and one to the right of center. Both good views, though. Both sitting on the ground. That is the best F package for kids. If you prefer, you might save money by going with the free FP and going to Hungry Bear and sharing meals, as everything is pretty large. The 9 p.m. show does require you to get to get your FP early. Very easy to get to the kiosk though.

Mentioned in this post
Fantasmic!
Fantasmic!
880 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
DALLAS, TEXAS
Level Contributor
31 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary help please: DL and DCA 12/14 - 12/18

Thank you - yes canceled the hungry bear and will do fast pass!

DALLAS, TEXAS
Level Contributor
31 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary help please: DL and DCA 12/14 - 12/18

Yep. You convinced me. Booked the park hopper. Thanks

Reply to: Itinerary help please: DL and DCA 12/14 - 12/18
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted