We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help and thoughts please !!!!!

Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Help and thoughts please !!!!!

Hi

I will be traveling from Australia and plan on going to Disney Parks 22/23 January with family with kids ranging from 5-14 years old. They are all pretty daring kids so will go an all rides they can. I see that the parks are generally not that busy that time of the year and would like to go to the Disney park and the adventure park. Is it really essential at that time of year to buy a hopper as it is much more expensive or will we be fine going to one park per day. Also do you think universal studios is good for that age bracket kids or they too young the 5&8 year old. Thank u for your help.

Also it seems like I can’t buy tickets on line as of yet. Is there a way to get like a pass for Disney and knotts as well

12 replies to this topic
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
1. Re: Help and thoughts please !!!!!

Hi,

I can't advise on Universal but we had our young kids at Disney 2 years ago (from Australia) and we had a park hopper - however we didn't need it. We just did one park per day. We only got a 3 day pass and did Disney the first day, California Adventure the second and since the kids (both boys) preferred that park we just went back there on the third day. I think it would have been too overwhelming as a first time visitor to try to move back and forth between parks during the day.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,644 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Help and thoughts please !!!!!

The names of the parks are Disneyland Park and California Adventure not Disney Park and Adventure Park.

There are many Disney Parks throughout the world, each with its own name.

Nothing here is called just Disney.

Edited: 28 November 2017, 19:05
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
30,722 posts
94 reviews
3. Re: Help and thoughts please !!!!!

First, Im not sure where your seeing that you cant purchase Disneyland tickets right now? There are many types of discounts available, although you wont see much of a discount offered on 2 day tickets, that would mostly be for 3 day and up tickets usually, although Last Minute Travel where you can call in without becoming a member for tickets often has a pretty good discount for 2 day tickets.

Their is also a new type of ticket that combines Universal Studios and Disneyland tickets. Knotts tickets are usually best purchasing online on their website as you can see the current specials they are running for discounted tickets. I dont know if they are the ones you are talking about for tickets or not.

You can compare the various multi-attraction tickets out there to see what may work best for you, but none but the one I mentioned will combine a Disneyland ticket with other Theme Parks except the So Cal City Pass which is alot more than what your looking for it appears both pricewise and how many attractions you have time for. The Mousesavers website is a helpful resource that shows current discounts on attraction and will compare the various options.

https:/…

As far as whether to get a Parkhopper or not, its pretty much up to what you may want to do. But you will have alot more flexibility with a Parkhopper allowing you to hop back and forth easily to both Parks multiple times per day.

Universal Studios... is likely fine for your group if your youngest is 5. You may want to look through their website at the attractions to see what you may be interested in doing together, and the 5 year old is tall enough for attractions. Its mostly set up for teens and adults to visit though. Although just the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is worth the visit Imo. Keep in mind most other attractions are simulator rides.

Adelaide, South...
Level Contributor
7 posts
16 reviews
4. Re: Help and thoughts please !!!!!

Hi, my reply might be a bit late but if you are only going two days, it might be worth getting a park hopper however you could do one park each day if that is more friendly to your budget. If you are wanting to go on the Cars ride in Adventure park, I would be there at opening time and go straight to the fast pass area and get one. It's such a popular ride. Universal studios is definitely fine for a 5 and 8 year old. There might be a couple of rides they may not do depending on how scared they get but there are quite a few they can do such as minions, simpsons, jurassic park (though my 5 year old daughter cried), transformers, the studio tour etc. If your time allows, I know that Helloworld or Magical Mouse Holidays have a special the moment for Disneyland tickets. Pay for two days and get four days. Great deal.

United States
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
143 reviews
5. Re: Help and thoughts please !!!!!

If you do one park per day - Disneyland daily web site has free plans for the day.

I wouldn’t take kids those ages to universal. You can see their web site to look at the ride descriptions to see if you think it would be a good fit.

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,152 posts
22 reviews
6. Re: Help and thoughts please !!!!!

You really can't see and do the parks effectively in 2 days, it just isn't enough time as the parks are huge. For this reason I would get the park hopper to maximise your 2 days.

Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Help and thoughts please !!!!!

Thanks. I went to both those websites and couldn’t find the pay for two and get four days. Do you have the link by any chance.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
30,722 posts
94 reviews
8. Re: Help and thoughts please !!!!!

Try this link, it should go directly to tickets on the Expedia Australia website.

https://tinyurl.com/y9tz4vln

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
30,722 posts
94 reviews
9. Re: Help and thoughts please !!!!!

Keep in mind for your dates, you will have to update the link posted to reflect your dates.

As far as Knotts tickets, usually the best deal is purchasing tickets ahead of time on their website. They also often have promotional discount tickets. However, their tickets should expire Dec 31, 2017 right now, so you would want to wait till Jan to see what tickets would be available for your visit.

And you would want to be careful with any tickets you want to purchase to confirm they are valid into 2018 for Theme Parks.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
112 posts
202 reviews
10. Re: Help and thoughts please !!!!!

The height of your children, especially the younger ones may limit their being able to go on more "daring" rides, so you may want to plan ahead. Each of the parks you want to visit would be a fun experience for your family. Visiting each one for a day would work. Keep in mind traveling from Disneyland to Universal can take 1-3 hours depending on the traffic.

Reply to: Help and thoughts please !!!!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted