We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disneyland Resort Express Knotsberry Farm Hotel

Blenheim, New...
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Disneyland Resort Express Knotsberry Farm Hotel

Hi, is somebody able to please tell me what the closest hotel to Knotsberry Farm Hotel is where the Disneyland Resort Express stops at? According to DLRE website it stops at just about every hotel except the Knots one! Cheers 😊

24 replies to this topic
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,740 posts
2 reviews
11. Re: Disneyland Resort Express Knotsberry Farm Hotel

I have a feeling the OP will end of changing hotels.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21,987 posts
3 reviews
12. Re: Disneyland Resort Express Knotsberry Farm Hotel

I think part of the problem was car seats for the kids, and trying to find transportation like shuttles from LAX, or the train to SD, where they don't have to pay extra for car seats. May not have realized Knotts is not near Disneyland hotels.

Blenheim, New...
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
13. Re: Disneyland Resort Express Knotsberry Farm Hotel

Thanks all esspecially Redlands Redhed! Please bear with me, I don't use Tripadvisor much and now on a new tablet! Yes it is the trip on 22nd December. Flying into LAX. 5 nights at Knotsberry Farm hotel (one day DCA, one day Knotts Berry theme park and Christmas Day in DL so far) then three nights at Homewood suites convention centre where relatives meet us and we have a final day at DL. Then to San Diego on Pacific Surfliner for 7 nights then pick up a car and go to Palm Springs for two nights before returning car to LAX. We chose the Knotsberry Farm Hotel as it looked nice and we got a good deal through the travel agent-already booked. For this part of the trip being near Disneyland is not a priority and it is not too far away anyway. Yes aware Knotts park is closed Christmas Day, we'll be in Disneyland that day. Have come to the conclusion that DL will probably be at max capacity on Christmas Day and we won't get back in if we leave so just gonna have a dry Christmas dinner in the park lol. Travelling with a child that requires a car seat so thought the DLRE would be best transport option from the airport as no car seat required and cheaper than taxi that provides car seat. So Uber, Lyft and standard shuttles are all out as is getting hotel to pick up as no car seats. The hotel has a free shuttle to Disneyland, they run a van (need car seat) and a large bus. They only run the bus when they have elderly guests or ones with strollers if less than 7 people but at Christmas I don't think we need to be concerned. Hotel appears to be slow at responding to emails but have asked about the DLRE. Good to know about that metro 460 bus and also there is the ART bus. Will have to check if other Buena Park hotels are on the drop off list, maybe they were all Anaheim ones then going by what a few of you have said. Hope I've covered all the info

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,740 posts
2 reviews
14. Re: Disneyland Resort Express Knotsberry Farm Hotel

Not to worry about Christmas Dinner in the park. You will have good choices, incLuding the traditional tamales. You can get high on the food alone! I actually heard a rumor that I hesitate to pass along that Disney is considering bringing alcohol to a couple of DL restaurants, but I wonder if that is pure wishful thinking.

Not sure if I have already informed you, but Knott's closes early on Christmas Eve and the ice show (figure skating) may be dark that day. Besides those two days, Wednesday is always a day of rest for figure skaters. You will have a lot of fun at Knott's "Merry" Farm. I go there every Christmas season. I can give you tips if you want. Expect it too be crowded there, but it's a bit easier to get around than at DL. Still long lines though.

I am glad you posted saying that you choose this hotel on purpose so we know.

Edited: 19 March 2018, 18:18
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
5,305 posts
207 reviews
15. Re: Disneyland Resort Express Knotsberry Farm Hotel

Zippy Shuttle provide car seats at no charge by prior arrangement.

http://www.zippyshuttle.net

Much better than faffing around with public buses or multiple shuttles. Once in the US, you can buy an inflatable “bubble bum” car seat to use for subsequent trips and those transfers to Disneyland. You could probably get on off eBay and bring it with you as well

You won’t find any Buena Park locations on the DLRE website, they don’t drop off there.

All the best.

Edited: 19 March 2018, 19:04
Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
59,941 posts
442 reviews
16. Re: Disneyland Resort Express Knotsberry Farm Hotel

>>>Will have to check if other Buena Park hotels are on the drop off list, maybe they were all Anaheim ones then going by what a few of you have said.<<<

Not all Anaheim, but the Anaheim Resort Area, which is a specific, designated area in Anaheim and Garden Grove. Buena Park is outside those boundary lines.

Stephen C is about the third or fourth person to recommend the Bubble Bum, which would make things a lot simpler both in Anaheim and San Diego.

https://www.bubblebum.co/us/

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
30,844 posts
94 reviews
17. Re: Disneyland Resort Express Knotsberry Farm Hotel

Sorry your stuck at the Hotel you are. I would try to arrange more convenient lodging if possible, its just in a not convenient area for most of what you want to do. You can expect some travel time. At least 20 min just to get to Disneyland from that area depending on traffic. And you wont likely want to go back to rest, etc as that will take alot of time out of your day.

I dont see anywhere where you have talked about the ages of your children? The inflatable car seats mentioned are a good option, but are for those around 4 years old and above, so that may or may not work for you.

Zippy shuttle mentioned is well rated, you would though have to check to see if they do a private shuttle to Buena Park area. Thats should be around $125 or so one way. So its not looking as cheap to stay near Knotts?

Blenheim, New...
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
18. Re: Disneyland Resort Express Knotsberry Farm Hotel

Thanks everyone once more for the tips soo good to know about the Zippy shuttle and FREE carseats! Will use them from the airport I think. Unfortunately my son will only be four and still in a five point harness full backed booster seat by then so Bubblebums won't do, fantastic idea though. Understand what everyone is saying about the hotel location and if we weren't going to be staying right near DL a few days later I wouldn't have booked it but we are only going to the DL area two days out of 5 so it should be fine and just means we can explore what is over the Buena Park way too. As I mentioned the hotel has a free shuttle to Disneyland, if in the unlikely event this is not the large bus but the car seat requiring van there is that metro 460 bus and also the ART bus which can get us to the DL area cheaply. We won't be going back to rest or anything as the kids will be 4.5 and 9.5 so past the nap stage and its unlikely we'll get back into the parks anyway as they will be so busy. Looking forward to it!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
30,844 posts
94 reviews
19. Re: Disneyland Resort Express Knotsberry Farm Hotel

Well requirements are somewhat different for California. But it also depends on what your comfortable with doing. A 4 year old may meet the requirements for just a simple booster seat.

For transport... You can also look at something like Lansky Limo.. which will also supply car seats and are well rated.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
310 posts
8 reviews
20. Re: Disneyland Resort Express Knotsberry Farm Hotel

http://socalfun.biz.ht/dlr2bp.html

Reply to: Disneyland Resort Express Knotsberry Farm Hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted