We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quickest way to Disneyland & DCA ?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Quickest way to Disneyland & DCA ?

Hi there

Could anyone please let me know what is the quickest way walking to Disneyland from Best Western plus Stovall’s inn on West Katella Avenue ?

I’ve read a post from a couple of years ago that people cut through The Grand Californian & it’s quicker is this still the same ? & also would the walking distance from BW to Disneyland be similar if we were to stay at the Howard Johnson on S.harbour Blvd ?

Mentioned in this post
Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn
Best Western Plus...
2,792 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
12 replies to this topic
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,603 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quickest way to Disneyland & DCA ?

Sorry, but the access through the Grand Californian is no longer offered to walk into the Main Entrance as they have closed up security. That walk is now about a 20 min walk from the BW Stovalls to the Turnstiles at Disneyland as you have to walk up to the Disneyland Hotel basically and through Downtown Disney that way.

The walk from the Howard Johnsons... is about an 11 min walk to the turnstiles. Much better as far as location as well. And you may have other options. If you want to give us a budget per night and dates as pricing varies with the different times of year, etc, we can make other suggestions.

Edited: 20 March 2018, 02:39
Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Hotel
Disneyland Hotel
3,095 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Downtown Disney
Downtown Disney
7,939 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,603 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quickest way to Disneyland & DCA ?

Both of these though would also offer Art shuttle service to and from Disneyland for a fee per person.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Quickest way to Disneyland & DCA ?

Oh yes sorry I forgot to add that info we will be there Nov 24 until Dec 1 of this year looking at spending

$200-$250 aud per night ..

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Quickest way to Disneyland & DCA ?

Oh & thank you for your reply appreciate it :)

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,603 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quickest way to Disneyland & DCA ?

So let me know a little more info on what you are expecting as far as a place to stay goes. BW Stovalls is a well rated standard small Motel, while Howard Johnsons... is a Hotel with interior corridors. Do you want somewhere that is a Hotel or is a standard Motel ok? How close walking distance do you want to be? Some places are a short 5 min walk, but are standard Motels. Your budget should be ok for that timeframe.

As far as your dates go, you can still expect quite heavy crowds on Nov 24th and 25th at Disneyland as you are right after Thanksgiving and most people and Schools will have at least that 4 days including Thanksgiving off weekend.

The nice thing is, right after that crowds should be at least more normal. And Christmastime starts mid Nov, so you would always have a nightly Fireworks show usually.

Edited: 20 March 2018, 03:34
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Quickest way to Disneyland & DCA ?

I just want a room & bed to sleep so doesn’t really matter what kind of hotel BW Stovall looks nice highly rated & on the cheaper side I thought it would’ve been less than a 15min walk but all goods.... I do want something close I will have a 7 year old with me & after a long day the last thing i want to do is walk 15-20min to the hotel with a grumpy tired child lol

Edited: 20 March 2018, 13:29
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,603 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quickest way to Disneyland & DCA ?

So, for a longer stay, you may want to look at something like the new Hyatt House... which is a well rated Hotel about a 13 min walk and some rooms will have full kitchens. Fairfield Inn... also a Hotel about an 8 min walk. And you may want to consider either of the Residence Inn's since they will offer free full breakfast and full kitchens. The Residence Inn Maingate... about a 15 min walk with Art shuttle service and free Parking, and the Residence Inn Convention Center is new and also about a 15 min walk.

Camelot Inn.. a standard well rated Motel has a good 5 days or more rate and is about a 7 min walk. And the Anaheim Desert Inn... more basic well rated Motel about a 7 min walk has larger suites for a good price this far out usually. And the Best Western Park Place Inn... a standard well rated Motel about a 5 min walk. See what you think of those options....

Mentioned in this post
Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate
Residence Inn Anaheim...
1,421 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Anaheim Camelot Inn & Suites
Anaheim Camelot Inn...
911 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites
Anaheim Desert Inn and...
2,381 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Quickest way to Disneyland & DCA ?

Thank you so much I will look into those :)

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
57,077 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Quickest way to Disneyland & DCA ?

BW Stovall's is nice, but it is cheap because of the inconvenient location.

Start with the ones closest, Best Western Plus Park Place Inn, Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn, Camelot, Candy Cane Inn, Castle Inn & Suites, Holiday Inn Express (the one next to Howard Johnson's), Tropicana, Fairfield Inn, even the Hotel Indigo.

Cheap, clean and convenient, The Anaheim Islander, Alpine Inn and Super 8.

For hotels like the cheap ones, the closer you are the Harbor & Katella, the better.

Mentioned in this post
Anaheim
Anaheim
Orange County, CA
Anaheim Camelot Inn & Suites
Anaheim Camelot Inn...
911 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Candy Cane Inn
Candy Cane Inn
2,884 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Anaheim Islander Inn and Suites
Anaheim Islander Inn and...
677 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Alpine Inn
Alpine Inn
1,072 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,603 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Quickest way to Disneyland & DCA ?

The Super 8 mentioned is now a "Kings Inn".

Mentioned in this post
Kings Inn Anaheim
Kings Inn Anaheim
2,641 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Reply to: Quickest way to Disneyland & DCA ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted