We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekday/weekend traffic to LA from Anaheim

Sydney
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Weekday/weekend traffic to LA from Anaheim

I’m staying in Anaheim but want to spend a day in LA sight seeing. I’ll have my almost 8 year old daughter with me.

We have the option of heading to LA on a Sunday or Monday. Is traffic going to be significantly better on the Sunday? Or is it equally bad? I’m not game enough to hire a rental and drive. I’m going to Uber it.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Anaheim
Anaheim
Orange County, CA
A Day in LA Tours
A Day in LA Tours
3,184 Reviews
Los Angeles, CA
9 replies to this topic
Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
8,112 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekday/weekend traffic to LA from Anaheim

Generally, Sunday would be better.

My concern is what is your plan once you get to LA? Are you going to Uber to multiple locations throughout the day? Are you assuming you can be dropped off in a single spot for the day? Don't tell us you're going to go to Hollywood for the day. That would take about 20 minutes and not justify the trip.

Mentioned in this post
Hollywood
Hollywood
1,347 Reviews
Los Angeles, CA
Sydney
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekday/weekend traffic to LA from Anaheim

I plan on going to the Warner Bros Studios, and join a tour for the major sites. I know you can get tours from Anaheim, but none of them really have the right timing for me.

So the plan is to get to Hollywood. Do a half day tour. Get to Warner Bros, do the tour and come back to Anaheim.

Edited: 19 April 2018, 20:31
Mentioned in this post
Anaheim
Anaheim
Orange County, CA
Hollywood
Hollywood
1,347 Reviews
Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
5,375 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekday/weekend traffic to LA from Anaheim

Sunday morning traffic will be MUCH better than Monday morning. On Monday you'd want to take the train to Burbank, then a quick bus or uber to Warner Brothers. Then bus or metro or Uber down to Hollywood for an afternoon tour. You'd probably want train for the way back as well, though if after 8pm traffic would be okay.

Mentioned in this post
Burbank
Burbank
California
Hollywood
Hollywood
1,347 Reviews
Los Angeles, CA
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
57,000 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weekday/weekend traffic to LA from Anaheim

The traffic SHOULD be better on a Sunday, but that presumes no construction and no accidents.

However, I would never tour a studio on a Sunday. I would go Monday through Thursday when the lot is buzzing, not the dead silence of a Sunday.

Southern California
Level Contributor
14,712 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Weekday/weekend traffic to LA from Anaheim

Pretty sure the minimum age for the Warner Bros tour is 8.

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Tijuana, Anaheim
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weekday/weekend traffic to LA from Anaheim

Your daughter requires a car seat unless she is 8 years old or 145 cm tall—and taxis, shuttles, and Ubers are NOT exempt from that. Only large buses (both transit and coach) and trains are exempt.

I guess I don't understand why you wouldn't rent a car. You're going to spend $45 each way on Ubers and another $10-$20 getting around. For $45 or so you could rent a small car for the day—and then you can leave the car seat in the car.

Sunday is FAR better for traffic.

Sydney
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Weekday/weekend traffic to LA from Anaheim

I’ve messaged Warner Bros about the age thing. They said it should be ok. She’d be 1 week shy of her 8th birthday. They told me that they aren’t allowed to ask for proof of age.

Last year in San Fran we caught an Uber to the airport. I didn’t even think about the car seat issue at the time and the driver didn’t question me. She’s a tall 7, so maybe that’s why?

I don’t want to hire a car because I don’t feel confident driving on the right side of the road, especially in LA.

Thanks for the responses re weekend vs weekday. I’ll have a think about it :).

Sydney
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Weekday/weekend traffic to LA from Anaheim

Thanks! That’s really helpful!

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Tijuana, Anaheim
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weekday/weekend traffic to LA from Anaheim

We can't recommend that you break the law, but I can say I can't imagine anyone saying anything if she's really tall and a week shy of 8 years old.

Reply to: Weekday/weekend traffic to LA from Anaheim
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted