We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttles between Embassy Suites Anaheim South & Disneyland

Lynnwood, WA
2 posts
1 review
Shuttles between Embassy Suites Anaheim South & Disneyland

We will be visiting Disneyland this summer and will be staying at the Embassy Suites Anaheim South in Garden Grove. We will be traveling with our teenage kids. I have noticed that the hotel offers a shuttle service to/from the Disneyland Parks for a fee. It also looks like the ART may have a stop near the hotel. Does anyone have any advice for either service? Can you go back and forth without incurring extra fees? I am also looking for a safe transportation option in case our kids may choose to stay at the park after mom and dad return to the hotel. We have been to Dland many times, so our kids are somewhat familiar with the Disneyland Resort.

7 replies to this topic
Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
59,564 posts
435 reviews
1. Re: Shuttles between Embassy Suites Anaheim South & Disneyland

lbarbee, welcome to the forums.

I would assume the Embassy Suite shuttle is on a pass per day, not trip basis. ART $5.50 for a one day pass, $14 for a 3 day pass.

http://rideart.org/fares-and-passes/

The kids will be fine on either.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,628 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Shuttles between Embassy Suites Anaheim South & Disneyland

ART has a daily fee of $5.50 and that is for multiple rides, so no extra fees. I have never used it, but I believe you receive a pass ticket to ride all day. So each person in your party will want to keep their own ticket in a safe place like a wallet.

ART has different routes. As long as you all make a point to know and remember which route it's safe to ride separately. Find out how late your shuttle runs so the kids can make sure not to miss the last one if they want to stay in the park very late.

I don't know about the Embassy Suites shuttle.

If you all will have smart phones and you use the Lyft or Uber app you can order a ride for them if you want. So that way they could even stay in the park after closing if they want to hang out on Main Street with some ice cream. They will need to exit Disneyland Resort to walk over to the Drop Off/Pick Up spot across on Harbor Blvd. People will still be walking around.

I am not sure how you order a Lyft for someone else who doesn't have the app, but know it can be done because it was done for me by a rental car company a few times. I still got notified that my Lyft driver was arriving, the color and make of the car, the cars license plate number and the name of the driver.

That is just an alternative and you may want to stick to using ART.

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Tijuana, Anaheim
Level Contributor
4,353 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Shuttles between Embassy Suites Anaheim South & Disneyland

I'd use the ART shuttle. It's $5.50 per adult for a day pass (all you can ride), $14 for a 3-day pass, $23 for a 5-day pass. Kids are $2 for one day, $3 for three days, $5 for five days.

You order a Lyft for someone else by putting in the address you want them picked up at and giving them the make/model and license information, as well as the driver's name. But I wouldn't bother taking Lyft from Disneyland because they have to cram into the pickup zone on Harbor Blvd. and it can take 15 minutes just to get out of there. You're better off, between the hotel and the park, on ART.

That line, Line 1, runs every 20 minutes.

Edited: 21 April 2018, 13:20
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,628 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Shuttles between Embassy Suites Anaheim South & Disneyland

I was trying to edit, but ran out of time.

I think you might want to save the Lyft/Uber idea as a back up just in case they miss the last shuttle back.

By the way, ensure they have a way to keep their phones charged. I am assuming they will be taking photos and maybe posting to Instagram.

Edited: 21 April 2018, 13:30
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
30,723 posts
94 reviews
5. Re: Shuttles between Embassy Suites Anaheim South & Disneyland

From people I have talked to that have stayed there, they ended up just using the Art shuttle service as it seemed to be more frequent and had more room vs using the other shuttle service the Embassy Suites shares with a few Hotels.

Last time I checked, that Residence Inn actually had an Art shuttle stop at the Hotel, and people from the Embassy Suites which is right near by were using that one.

They should still have a stop there. But, they have changed around again the ART Shuttle service website, and now its even worse to use if that were possible Imo.

Lynnwood, WA
2 posts
1 review
6. Re: Shuttles between Embassy Suites Anaheim South & Disneyland

Happytotrip, Thank you for the info! I was wondering which one would be more frequent and less crowded. I think the ART costs slightly less, as well.

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
8,736 posts
8 reviews
7. Re: Shuttles between Embassy Suites Anaheim South & Disneyland

If you are using Uber or Lyft and the pick-up area is busy, walk across the street or go the McDonald's. No sense waiting in a busy area and delaying yourself.

Reply to: Shuttles between Embassy Suites Anaheim South & Disneyland
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted