We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night parade and eating

cc4
Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
80 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Night parade and eating

We were told that if you eat at a particular restaurant (Italian) you can get good seats for night parade. Does anyone have any information about this?

13 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
88 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night parade and eating

Wine Country Trattoria you can book the package for the Paint The Night Parade. Book it on the Disneyland website. We did lunch and each person gets fast passes for reserved seating for the parade.

Mentioned in this post
Wine Country Trattoria
Wine Country Trattoria
892 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Paint the Night
Paint the Night
219 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
california
Level Contributor
900 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Night parade and eating

If you go to the Disneyland website, click on “things to do”, then entertainment, you will be taken to a list of all the entertainment at the parks. From there you can click on the “Paint the night” parade (you can click on it even if it says “showtimes not available.”) Once you’re on the description page for Paint the Night, scroll down and you’ll see the dining options. Click on that, and put in your date and preferred meal time to see if there are reservations available. Most of the nighttime spectaculars and parades offer this option. It is not necessary to book a dining package, but it is a nice way to secure a fast pass for the nighttime entertainment.

I wrote the directions out that way in case you wanted to check out any of the other dining packages. But here is a link to the “Paint the Night” dining package webpage. Good luck! Hope this helps.

https:/…

Mentioned in this post
Paint the Night
Paint the Night
219 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
20,900 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Night parade and eating

Here is a link to a review on the website Touring Plans:

You can also find a review of the Carthy Circle Restaurant Paint the Night dining package through a Google search.

The Wine Country Trattoria package is $49 per adult for dinner and $38 per adult for lunch and offers a reserved location with no seating. Children are a somewhat lower price.

The Carthay Circle package is only for dinner only (after 5 p.m.), is $99 per adult, and offers a reserved seating area with chairs that is limited to 60 people. Children are a somewhat lower price.

The Paint the Night Parade is in Disney California Adventure this year. The parade route is a over a mile longer than the parade route in Disneyland. Paint the Night is a light parade that lasts 20 minutes and has energetic music.

In my opinion, a dining package is not necessary to see this parade or the get a good view of it. Additionally, it's the kind of parade that makes you want to be up on your feet enjoying every moment of the catchy music. If you were planning a full meal at either of these places then it may be a nice choice since you get an added bonus. You can find out what is on the menu for the dining packages from reviews and be able to tell it that is something you would like.

Mentioned in this post
Paint the Night
Paint the Night
219 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Wine Country Trattoria
Wine Country Trattoria
892 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Carthay Circle Restaurant
897 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Disney California Adventure Park
Disney California...
13,625 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Pecos, New Mexico
Level Contributor
486 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Night parade and eating

Hello cc4

I find the Disneyland Daily website really helpful for planning my Disneyland trips. It's informative and also fun reading. www.disneylanddaily.com

Here is a link to her information, logistics and reviews of the different special dining packages available. Have a great trip!

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
20,900 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Night parade and eating

Disneyland Daily is where I found the prices and information for the Carthy Circle package. They have a review. Easy to find with a Google search.

Unfortunately, I found the Disneyland Daily opinion of the Carthy Circle dining package for Paint the Night to be slanted towards those who can afford to spend $100 per person for dinner. When you look at the actual total she spent without regret, it's incredible.

I mentioned before, this is a 20 minute parade along a long parade route. I believe the Disneyland Resort website may still have the description as lasting 40 minutes. That is incorrect as far as the time it takes to pass one location on the parade route. They have actually listed the time it takes the units and performers to pass through the entire length of the parade route.

Keep in mind that the Paint the Night Parade is free with park admission, as is all of the entertainment in the parks.

Of all the dining packages offered at Disneyland Resort the Paint the Night packages have the least value. They are very unnecessary.

Mentioned in this post
Paint the Night
Paint the Night
219 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Pecos, New Mexico
Level Contributor
486 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Night parade and eating

My intent is not to decide for the OP whether or not a dining package is necessary or not.....that would be presumptuous, and I don't believe they asked about the necessity of the dining packages. What I offered was a link to all the dining packages available in one place for easy comparision. Does Carthay Circle seem expensive.....absolutely but it seems to be a splurge dining option that is enjoyed by many people.

Mentioned in this post
897 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
20,900 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Night parade and eating

My intent is only not to decide for the original poster. I am just giving an opinion.

My opinion is also that a better splurge is the World of Color Dessert Package. But everything is free, so I don't want to make anyone think any of these are necessary.

Edited: 23 May 2018, 01:33
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
20,900 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Night parade and eating

Let me just say that I rarely just answer a simple question without giving more than information than what the original poster has asked. I am here to give a complete picture, advice, tips, and occasionally an opinion. That is the most helpful thing for a traveler.

I view adding information such as how necessary an add on is as VERY helpful. People need the full information to decide for themselves.

I took the time to add more information than a link and a reasonably worded opinion. This original poster appears to have limited information about the Paint the Night Parade dining packages, including whether they will actually be sitting during the parade. When I take the time out of my day to give more than a simple answer I often find the original poster is grateful even if what the decide is different from what my opinion is. And that makes me feel like it was all worth it.

Mentioned in this post
Paint the Night
Paint the Night
219 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
57,442 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Night parade and eating

So Red, how have you enjoyed seeing Paint the Night from different locations vs seeing World of Color?

I think Carthay Circle is the best restaurant in any theme park in the U.S. with only Mythos Restaurant at Universal's Islands of Adventure in Orlando coming close to it.

Edited: 23 May 2018, 02:14
Mentioned in this post
Paint the Night
Paint the Night
219 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
897 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Universal's Islands of Adventure
Universal's Islands of...
46,664 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,732 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Night parade and eating

I dont see anything wrong with offering extra info on Paint the Night Parade. Its a nice parade, but with alot of viewing areas along that route, its certainly not needed Imo to get an expensive dinner package just to view the Parade. Its fine to give the OP options. They can decide for themselves if they want to use the info or not.

Mentioned in this post
Paint the Night
Paint the Night
219 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Reply to: Night parade and eating
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;