We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How does Fast Pass and Max Pass work?

Dallas
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Topic
How does Fast Pass and Max Pass work?

We are a family of 4 and will spend 1 day at Disneyland and 1 day at CGA. We’ve only been tonDisney world and we’re able to select 3 rides on our fast passes online/phone. Disneyland seems very different? Can someone explain how it works, start to finish?

3 replies to this topic
Pecos, New Mexico
Level Contributor
562 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How does Fast Pass and Max Pass work?

Here is a link to a fairly comprehensive guide from "Disneyland Daily" for using FastPass and now MaxPass. You may want to look at some of her other subjects such as touring plans, advice on parade and fireworks viewing, visiting the parks at very busy times, etc....I find her site super helpful in making the most of a Disneyland visit.

https:/…

Edited: 27 May 2018, 09:25
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,230 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How does Fast Pass and Max Pass work?

There are several you tube videos that explain and show how the Disneyland Fast Pass and Max Pass work. If you would like to search for them look for something dated 2017 or later. I think it was Get Away Today that has the best demonstration of Max Pass.

The very popular vlogger Mr. Cheezy Pop (Maxwell Glick) has a video regarding Max Pass if you want to look at his channel. He has an older one about the regular Fast Pass that is actually a very good overview of how the system works, although the system has been updated to store FP digitally in your park ticket rather than on a paper Fast Pass as the video shows. But for someone who wants to just understand the overall difference in the Fast Passes system it's good to watch. It's part of his old series called How To Disney.

Edited: 27 May 2018, 10:55
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
30,146 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How does Fast Pass and Max Pass work?

Your visiting at a busy time. Disneyland is nothing like WDW as far as picking specific Parks to visit. The two Park entrances at Disneyland face each other separated by a short walkway area. Its easy to hop back and forth to both Parks in a day, and really think of them as one big Park. A Parkhopper at a busier time would usually be suggested. California Adventure Park is especially nice to hop to for a while in the mid afternoon hours when numbers at Disneyland Park really get large. I would suggest you consider the Parkhopper so you can visit what attractions you want,and not be limited to one Park in a day, but up to what you may want to do.

Personally, I like the Undercover Tourist guide for Max Pass which I find to be very good and explains things well.

https:/…

And here is a pretty good guide for the free Fastpass system. Be sure to also click on each link for each Park.

https:/…fastpass

The basic difference between the passes are that the Max Pass, you can get on your phone without going to an attraction to get a Fastpass.

Mentioned in this post
California
California
United States
Disneyland Park
Disneyland Park
24,937 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Reply to: How does Fast Pass and Max Pass work?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted