We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long is the charter from Long Beach to Avalon?

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
40 posts
237 reviews
Save Topic
How long is the charter from Long Beach to Avalon?

Hi-

I know times can vary based on weather, but any idea of a estimate of how long the boat takes from Long Beach to Avalon? Just trying to get a vague idea to plan out the day :)

Thanks in advance!

Coloma, California
Level Contributor
1,873 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long is the charter from Long Beach to Avalon?

Why not just go to the website of Catalina Express? The schedule is posted ther

Catalina Island...
Level Contributor
115 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long is the charter from Long Beach to Avalon?

The Catalina Express from Long Beach takes approximately one hour, port to port.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
40 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How long is the charter from Long Beach to Avalon?

@nsgw The schedule only shows departure times, not arrival times... so thanks for taking the time to be completely unhelpful!

@actgurlinva Thanks for letting me know! Just trying to plan out the day :)

Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
58,444 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How long is the charter from Long Beach to Avalon?

travelcal033, welcome to the forums.

Two thoughts here.

1) It is against the guidelines in TripAdvisor to make sarcastic asides and snide comments.

2) It says right on the Schedule & Fares section of the Catalina Express section that nsgw directed you to, "Most boat trips are only about an hour!"

So not only did your reply violate the guidelines, but nsgw's reply was correct and helpful.

www.catalinaexpress.com/schedule-fares.html

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
40 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How long is the charter from Long Beach to Avalon?

"Most boat trips are about an hour" could have meant that the Long Beach to Avalon one was not. I'll avoid the sarcasm in the future, but I still would have preferred a direct answer rather than have to go off of assumption.

2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How long is the charter from Long Beach to Avalon?

Hey travelcal, i am so sorry that nsgw upset you.................. Here, let me pour you a nice cup of get the fu(k over it

7. Re: How long is the charter from Long Beach to Avalon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2017, 14:17
Get answers to your questions about Avalon