We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much should I budget for food in San Pedro Belize?

Hay River, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
How much should I budget for food in San Pedro Belize?

Hi My friend and I are looking at checking out San Pedro in November. Not may affordable places are all inclusive. So we are hoping to get a little bit of advice about how much to budget for food a day. Are the excursions expensive?

Thank you for any info you may have.

Mahsi

Lesley

3 replies to this topic
Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
462 posts
208 reviews
267 helpful votes
1. Re: How much should I budget for food in San Pedro Belize?

You can eat very inexpensively in San Pedro because of the street vendors. You can typically get dinner for two with tip at a vendor for $20 US. Something to keep in mind is that prices are shown in BZE dollars, which is pegged to the US dollar 2 to 1. There are plenty of inexpensive restaurants like Waraguma and Estel's where you can also get a meal for under $20. Many of the hotels in San Pedro have small kitchens. We typically buy fruit from the local fruit stands and have that for breakfast. You can get an amazing amount of delicious fruit for $5 US.

There are more expensive places to eat, for sure.

The local rum is also quite inexpensive ($12 US for a liter) and the local Beliken beer is also inexpensive. Again, this is an option if you want to have some drinks in your room or on the patio.

The excursions are reasonable as long as you book as part of a larger group. I've seen sunset sails for $65 US per person and snorkeling for $50 US per person.

One thing to avoid if you are trying to keep costs down is beef. Much of the beef is imported and is very expensive compared to chicken or fish. If you go to a grocery store, try the local brands verses international brands like Kraft. Just be careful to check expiration dates on dairy. Sometimes products are kept just a little bit too long on the shelves.

Hay River, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: How much should I budget for food in San Pedro Belize?

Thank you for the info that was really helpful.

Belize
Level Contributor
617 posts
20 reviews
2 helpful votes
3. Re: How much should I budget for food in San Pedro Belize?

Belize is not known for all inclusive because of all the amazing places to dine unless your on a private island where you can't dine anywhere else. I would recommend not going with an all inclusive on Ambergris Caye so you can enjoy the food scene the island has to offer. If looking to eat at a restaurant vs street food vendors dinner with drinks for 2 would come up to roughly $100 . All varies on what you are ordering.

Edited: 22 May 2024, 22:02
Reply to: How much should I budget for food in San Pedro Belize?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Malaysia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.