We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxex and fees for flights between belize city and san pedro

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
718 posts
19 reviews
21 helpful votes
taxex and fees for flights between belize city and san pedro

I tried searching tropic island air and they listed a price of $120 R/T

but taxes and fees aren't included

what can I expect to pay

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
5 helpful votes
1. Re: taxex and fees for flights between belize city and san pedro

http://www.tropicair.com http://www.mayaair.com

Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
208 posts
2. Re: taxex and fees for flights between belize city and san pedro

Thats is the total price for both airlines $120 round trip including taxes I know they have it saying not including taxes but the price is as I have said.

regards

Gaz Cooper

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
198 posts
69 reviews
28 helpful votes
3. Re: taxex and fees for flights between belize city and san pedro

We are debating flying or water taxi to San Pedro. The faster to the beach the better in my opinion. What is the cost for the water taxi?

Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
208 posts
4. Re: taxex and fees for flights between belize city and san pedro

You will have to take a taxi form the airport to donwtown Belize City and the water taxi is $15 one way (hour and 15 mins) I beleive they have just changed rates but i think thats the rate

you will have to make sure you have plenty of time to do the ferry option last boat to Ambergris is 4.30pm

Gaz

London UK
Level Contributor
2,562 posts
27 reviews
33 helpful votes
5. Re: taxex and fees for flights between belize city and san pedro

There is the in-between option. Fly to San Pedro from the Belize Municipal Airstrip. Taking the fixed fare taxi (US$25) from Belize International Airport to Belize Municipal Airstrip from where the single fare is US$35 (return US$67) compared to US$63 (return US$120) from the international airport. So your total costs for the two of you would be (inc taxis) US$184 by using the Municipal AIrstrip and US$240 from the international airport. The taxi drive is only about 20 minutes and the Hangar Bar at the Municipal Airstrip is a very Belizean place to chill and have a cold drink. See my photos of Belize Municipal Airstrip.

Deciding on whether to fly from the Municipal airstrip, or not, as opposed to the International airport is a no-brainer.

Illinois
Level Contributor
287 posts
27 reviews
29 helpful votes
6. Re: taxex and fees for flights between belize city and san pedro

When we arrived in Belize City we literally walked through customs to a Tropic Air plane with a brief stop at the restroom. Although our reservation was for a later flight they took us right when we arrived. It may be a bit more, but for us (2 people) the extra money was worth the ease and convenience. We were on the beach in no time at all. I am also glad we didn't take the water taxi. It would have been much longer and kind of a hassle with bags and all.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
20 posts
7. Re: taxex and fees for flights between belize city and san pedro

how much is the taxi?

Dunedin, Florida
Level Contributor
19,030 posts
8 reviews
13 helpful votes
8. Re: taxex and fees for flights between belize city and san pedro

The taxi cab to the water taxi terminal is US$25.00.

The water taxi is $15.00US per person one way.

We too, always just fly from BZE. I just don't want to deal with dragging bags around.

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
718 posts
19 reviews
21 helpful votes
9. Re: taxex and fees for flights between belize city and san pedro

are these scheduled flights or chartered flights since I am traveling alone would I have to pay for two people ?

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
5 helpful votes
10. Re: taxex and fees for flights between belize city and san pedro

go to my post up top and look for yourself?

© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Malaysia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.