We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need recommendation for Birthday Dinner

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
25 posts
313 reviews
147 helpful votes
Need recommendation for Birthday Dinner

We're arriving next weekend and my husband celebrates his 60th Birthday on Sunday. Any suggestions for a great restaurant? We love creative menus and good wine. Doesn't have to be high end, but we don't mind a little pricey for good and memorable experience. After all, you only turn 60 once :)

Dunedin, Florida
Level Contributor
19,030 posts
8 reviews
13 helpful votes
1. Re: Need recommendation for Birthday Dinner

I'm not sure which restaurants are closed right now for slow season. Check out Rojo Lounge. Also Red Ginger. The restaurant at Victoria House, I think it's name is La Pamila. Maybe Bluewater Grill.

Happy birthday, just celebrated my 60th last week......unfortunately, not in San Pedro though.

San Pedro, Belize
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
3,480 posts
6 reviews
3 helpful votes
2. Re: Need recommendation for Birthday Dinner

I second Victoria House

They have a sample menu on their website. Bacon wrapped shrimp skewers are delicious, so is the grilled Caribbean lobster.

http://www.victoria-house.com/dining/palmilla-restaurant/

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
5 helpful votes
3. Re: Need recommendation for Birthday Dinner

The VH does an extraordinary job, the bacon wrapped shrimp is fantabulous. the dining room is a candle and white linen sort of place very carib plantation sort of feel.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1 post
415 reviews
178 helpful votes
4. Re: Need recommendation for Birthday Dinner

Like to be on the beach ? I love this place below.. Lobster there is great!

Licks Beachside Cafe

corner of Black Coral St. and Beachside | Cash Only NO Cards Yet, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye 000001, Belize

501 225 5425

Hon
Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
1,447 posts
1 review
5. Re: Need recommendation for Birthday Dinner

OP, where are you staying?

Thornbury, Canada
Level Contributor
827 posts
95 reviews
65 helpful votes
6. Re: Need recommendation for Birthday Dinner

We celebrated our friends 50th at Hidden Treasure and loved it. Great food, great service in a lovely setting. A bit off the track, but they will arrange transport if needed. I wrote a review on the restaurant here on TA with more details.

Bridgewater, New...
Level Contributor
24 posts
7. Re: Need recommendation for Birthday Dinner

We loved Mata Chica and Rojo. Rojo had a limited menu though as we were there in May. We were north so it washer convenient for us. Wasn't too impressed with Blue Water Grill.

8. Re: Need recommendation for Birthday Dinner

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Malaysia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.