We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two Days in San Ignacio - Itinerary Help

Toronto
Level Contributor
134 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Two Days in San Ignacio - Itinerary Help

Hi!

I'll travelling to San Ignacio in November and can use some timing advice.

I'm staying 2 days in Tikal (a lodge inside the park) and plan to travel from Tikal to San Ignacio and stay two nights and then travel on. So the itinerary is something like this:

Day 1: Travel from Tikal to San Ignacio in morning. Day & Night in San Ignacio

Day 2: full day and night in San Ignacio

Day 3: Travel from San Ignacio to Belize to catch 2:30pm flight.

I had hoped to do two things in San Ignacio - ATM and Caracol. However, from all the tour company sites i've looked at, it sounds like both a full day trips that start very early in the morning, so since i'm travelling in from Tikal on my first day, I probably wouldn't be able to do one of them. Does that sound about right?

Other questions:

1. Are there any other good tours from San Ignacio that can be done in half a day (specifically starting later in the day, not in the morning)?

2. Any opinions on picking between ATM and Caracol? I know it probably comes down to personal preference, but I'd love to hear opinions.

3. For traveling from San Ignacio to the airport on the last day, for a 2:30pm flight do I need any kind of super early transfer or is there plenty of time? (Alternatively, if there is time, should i bother trying to see Belize City before heading to airport?)

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
San Ignacio
San Ignacio
Cayo, Belize
Tikal National Park
Tikal National Park
Peten Department, Guatemala
Belize City
Belize City
Belize District, Belize
Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,726 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Two Days in San Ignacio - Itinerary Help

I was recently in San Ignacio for 3 days and really enjoyed the Iguana Project at San Ignacio Resort Hotel and Cahal Pech ruins. Both of these are very close to town and do not require much travel or time.

Here are a few previous posts from trip advisor specifically on San Ignacio Itineraries that you might find helpful.

Itinerary suggestions? 12/21 arrival 11 day stay

tripadvisor.com/…64270844

7 days in Belize, 5 in San Ignacio area

tripadvisor.com/…68260544

San Ignacio Itinerary

tripadvisor.com/…60629694

Mentioned in this post
San Ignacio
San Ignacio
Cayo, Belize
San Ignacio Resort Hotel
San Ignacio Resort Hotel
1,205 Reviews
San Ignacio, Belize
Belize
Belize
Central America
12. Re: Two Days in San Ignacio - Itinerary Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 November 2015, 23:35
The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
13,375 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Two Days in San Ignacio - Itinerary Help

SunRose - It's against the forum guidelines to promote your own business.

14. Re: Two Days in San Ignacio - Itinerary Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2016, 14:17