We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Ignacio Dinner / Night time?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
256 posts
1 review
Save Topic
San Ignacio Dinner / Night time?

Hello, My friend and I are staying at a Jungle lodge just outside SI for 3 nights in Feb. We will be eating most meals at the lodge but thought of going into SI at night after our ATM tour for a dinner and exploring. Is this advisable? Do most shops / restaurants close down early, or would we be able to have a later dinner and an after dinner drink? (We are two 29 y/o females). Thank you

Ko-Ox Han nah
$$ - $$$, Caribbean, Central American
Guava Limb Cafe
$$ - $$$, Caribbean, Central American, International
Running W Steakhouse & Restaurant
$$$$, Bar, International, Healthy
Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
35 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Ignacio Dinner / Night time?

From what I can remember, there are around 5-10 restaurants in the center of town to choose from. About every night I was around there were at least a few open late. Shops close a bit earlier though.

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,721 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Ignacio Dinner / Night time?

I am not sure how lat they are open as we always went earlier in the day but the Guava Limb is a great place to eat. After our first meal there we added it to our daily schedule.

You can message them to get their hours https://www.facebook.com/guavalimbcafe/info/

Mentioned in this post
Guava Limb Cafe
Guava Limb Cafe
760 Reviews
San Ignacio, Belize
Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Ignacio Dinner / Night time?

Our favourite meal in SI was at a little local family place called Cenaida's, --not sure how late it is open but we had great fresh fish. Most of the bars/restaurants along Burns Ave. (the main tourist street) are open fairly late.

Mentioned in this post
Cenaida's
Cenaida's
309 Reviews
San Ignacio, Belize
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
256 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: San Ignacio Dinner / Night time?

THank you!

Oxnard, California
Level Contributor
110 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: San Ignacio Dinner / Night time?

I just got back from San Ignacio. We ate at two restaurants Ervas and Han nahs. Both were excellent. Ervas was very quiet and han nahs was packed. Either one would be great. I prefered Ervas a little better. I had the chicken curry and my wife had the seafood curry at Ervas. Both amazing. Han nahs i had their shrimp special and my wife had coconut curry. Both great as well.

Mentioned in this post
San Ignacio
San Ignacio
Cayo, Belize
Oxnard, California
Level Contributor
110 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: San Ignacio Dinner / Night time?

one last note..... the lades selling papusas, tacos on the streets. Its a must eat! We also went to a bar called bamboos after dinner. Good crowd with live music. We stayed until around 11pm or so. it seemed like a safe town to walk around.

Edited: 10 December 2015, 04:17
San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
221 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: San Ignacio Dinner / Night time?

Plenty of places to eat in the town centre and beyond.

Chinese, Indian, Belizean and more....

Street vendors are also great and its a way to support the small people. Would suggest you look around to see what takes your fancy!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
256 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: San Ignacio Dinner / Night time?

thanks!

9. Re: San Ignacio Dinner / Night time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2016, 13:17