We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay near SI

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay near SI

My husband and I are going to be in San Ignacio for four nights mid January, and I'm looking for some advice on where to stay. We're not luxury travelers by any means, but we'd like something clean and comfortable, and a little polish is never a bad thing. Hoping to keep things under $80/night. Looking for a queen or king bed and private bath.

I can't quite decide between a jungle lodge or a hotel in town, but I think we're leaning towards the lodge thing. (My husband loves the tree house idea!) I'd rather not be too far out of town, but we'll have a rental car, so distance isn't a big factor. Mostly we'd like something with a fun atmosphere -- drinks in a hammock, tubing on a river, jungle trails, that type of thing.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Mentioned in this post
San Ignacio
San Ignacio
Cayo, Belize
The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
12,997 posts
328 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay near SI

We loved Macal Jungle Camp, Chaa Creek's jungly cousin. It's above your budget but a great value imo and includes dinner and breakfast served in an open air dining area.

www.belizecamp.com

Kalimantan...
Level Contributor
7,646 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay near SI

Parrot Nest Lodge. Close to town. I think they have tree houses?

Mentioned in this post
Parrot Nest Lodge
Parrot Nest Lodge
379 Reviews
San Ignacio, Belize
San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
221 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay near SI

Have you looked at Matz farm

Could be what you are looking at.

Certainly a very special place.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
35 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay near SI

My wife and I stayed at Midas Resort for a few nights. It's near your price range, 10 min walk from center of town, but not "in town." I'd check it out.

Mentioned in this post
Midas Belize
Midas Belize
699 Reviews
San Ignacio, Belize
San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
136 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay near SI

For your budget I'd recommend midas resort too.

6. Re: Where to stay near SI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2016, 13:17