We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First trip to Placencia

6 posts
Save Topic
First trip to Placencia

Hello everyone,

Right now I'm planning for a trip to Placencia. I just have a couple of questions. What is the weather like in early may? and can anyone give me any feedback on julias cabanas?

Thank you,

Dave

Mentioned in this post
Placencia
Placencia
Stann Creek, Belize
11 replies to this topic
Caribbean
Level Contributor
8,237 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: First trip to Placencia

In a word... HOT.

In more words...

Average daily maximum: 32° C.

Average overnight minimum: 24° C.

Average humidity: 70%.

May is the dry season, so there will be little or no rain, and almost zero probability of hurricane.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
105 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First trip to Placencia

We went at the end of May last year and yes,it was HOT! We’re going back rhisbthough so it wasn’t too hot. 😉. I will say that we are getting a house wig AC this time, even with the ocean breeze, it was not comfortable for sleeping.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,303 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First trip to Placencia

I’ve never stayed at Julia’s cabanas, but, have always thought they looked like a decent place to stay. However, they don’t really face the ocean, so, I wouldn’t stay there in May unless they have air conditioning.

6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: First trip to Placencia

Thanks for the responses every one! I don't mind the heat too much. The Cabana I plan on renting faces the ocean and is right next to the barefoot bar. I do believe that they also come equipped with AC. Traveling alone to get some r&r. Plenty of drinking, eating, and swinging in a hammock. Placencia is looking like the right choice.

Mentioned in this post
Placencia
Placencia
Stann Creek, Belize
Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
68 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First trip to Placencia

I toured a couple of the cabanas while there two years ago (staying at Swan Villas in Maya Beach) as another option for future trips. They are very simple, roomy, and well-appointed. I would recommend the units directly ocean front and request an Air-Conditioner. It's just a few dollars more per day.

Mentioned in this post
Maya Beach Hotel
Maya Beach Hotel
712 Reviews
Placencia, Belize
Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
68 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First trip to Placencia

P.S. You will LOVE Placencia! It's very simple, laid back...and easy...BEAUTIFUL...

Mentioned in this post
Placencia
Placencia
Stann Creek, Belize
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: First trip to Placencia

I ended up booking that cabana that faces the ocean. I'm a pretty simple guy so I don't need anything extravagant.

Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
68 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First trip to Placencia

Sounds great! Come back and let us know how you liked it!!

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,781 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First trip to Placencia

That sounds great! Be sure to try some gelato at Tutti Fruitti, they had some pretty unique & delicious flavours when we were there!

6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: First trip to Placencia

I'm counting down the days! I'll post a trip report when I get back.

Reply to: First trip to Placencia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Placencia