We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zip Line Canopy Tours

3 posts
Save Topic
Zip Line Canopy Tours

I am Interested in taking a Zip line Canopy tour. There seem to be a lot of options. Recommendations?? Where is the best place to ZIP? And what features are important to look for?? And what tour company?

Mentioned in this post
Pinilla Canopy Tour
Pinilla Canopy Tour
337 Reviews
Pinilla, Costa Rica
Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
549 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zip Line Canopy Tours

hey there cl! it's true, there are many options in the canopy tour world down there. both my wife and i went on the one in monteverde run by sevultura. we absolutely loved it. since then i've spoken to many people about this subject and i think it's a pretty good consensus that the one we did is about the best. my wife, on a return visit, did one in fortuna which she enjoy but told me it wasn't as good. i wouldn't plan my trip around a particular canopy tour - but if you're going to be in the monteverde area i would look these guys up! write me if you have any other questions. good luck and have a great trip! scott

Houston / Guanacaste
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Zip Line Canopy Tours

Hi,

The tour I enjoyed the most was the Buena Vista Combo. This is in Guanacaste near Liberia. This includes a canopy tour and a lot more. J and C Tours took care of the whole thing for me, my daughter and her boyfriend. They have a cool website with pictures and everything. www.jandctours.com I hope you enjoy Costa Rica...I love it!

Pura Vida,

B.B.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Buena Vista
Hotel Buena Vista
752 Reviews
Pilas, Costa Rica
Liberia
Liberia
Province of Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
Pura Vida Hotel
Pura Vida Hotel
828 Reviews
Alajuela, Costa Rica
Ontario
Level Contributor
37 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zip Line Canopy Tours

Hi, we also loved the canopy tour. We used Ricardo Varcas Tours and it was great. Small group, great tour guide (Manuel) personal driver (Ricardo). They will personalize a tour for your group.

Mentioned in this post
Manuel's Tours
Manuel's Tours
434 Reviews
Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zip Line Canopy Tours

From what I was told down there, Monteverde is one of the best places to do a canopy tour. My boyfriend and I did Aventura's and loved it. The course was varied, all the staff were very experienced and professional. Plus they had a "Tarzan swing" where you jump off a high platform and basically freefall. Scary as hell but fun.

Mentioned in this post
Monteverde
Monteverde
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
penticton
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Zip Line Canopy Tours

We were going to take the Buena Vista trip but our guide talked us into Borinquen instead. After talking with others from our hotel I am glad we did. They had line ups where as we had the resort to ourselves. Well looked after horses, fantastic canopy tour and an incredible lunch. We used Vargas Papagayo Tours. Michael & Ricardo are the owners - I think there web page is at www.costarica-realestate.com

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Buena Vista
Hotel Buena Vista
752 Reviews
Pilas, Costa Rica
California
Level Contributor
143 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zip Line Canopy Tours

I went to Monteverde and did Selvatura. It's the best.

When I went to Aventura in Monteverde, well long story but it wasn't nearly as good as Selvatura.

Selvatura's facilities are very very new and big, too!

Mentioned in this post
Monteverde
Monteverde
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Selvatura Park
Selvatura Park
3,406 Reviews
Monteverde, Costa Rica
San Isidro del...
Level Contributor
938 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Zip Line Canopy Tours

Sky Trek has a great new facility in Arenal. A tram ride for the squeamish and a zip line.

Mentioned in this post
Arenal Lodge
Arenal Lodge
914 Reviews
La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
new york, new york
Level Contributor
214 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Zip Line Canopy Tours

The best one we did was in the Arenal area-Sky trek.the web site is www.skytrazm.net-its on the way to the hotel linda vista del norte-I posted some info on it somewhere-i think it has the best braking system and an easy handle wich makes for a more comfortable ride

new york, new york
Level Contributor
214 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Zip Line Canopy Tours

sorry about the mistake, the website is www.skytram.net

10. Re: Zip Line Canopy Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 11:18