We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach chair rentals

Wisconsin Rapids...
Level Contributor
699 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
beach chair rentals

Staying in Tamarindo, inquiring if Tamarindo beach has various beach bars with chair rentals and buckets of beer?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,169 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach chair rentals

I do not know about the buckets of beers...but yes many people renting chairs...

roadadvisor

Alberta
Level Contributor
127 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beach chair rentals

can you just find a vendor down by the swimming beach?

encinitas,calif.
Level Contributor
962 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beach chair rentals

if you walk along the beach in tamarindo you will see all of the plastic white lounge chairs. i cant remember if i saw any umbrellas. they are the hard white lounge chairs with no pads so it can get abit hard to lay out unless you have a plush beach towel.i always travel to tamarindo with a high back chair that i drag around beach to beach. much more comfy...

Wisconsin Rapids...
Level Contributor
699 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beach chair rentals

what about bars up and down the beach, I'm looking at relaxing and getting some sun and drinking a few beers. Or do you suggest other beaches that have that type of atmosphere?

Jaco, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: beach chair rentals

For exactly what you are looking for, I would recommend spending a day in Avellanas. There is a bar called Lulu's directly on the beach and the atmosphere sitting on the beach there is like being in one of those Corona commercials.

Wisconsin Rapids...
Level Contributor
699 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: beach chair rentals

so how far is Avellas from Tamarinda? Are there other beaches within walking distances from Tamarinda? we will only have a car 4 days out of 12 days there, where else would you suggest to go, I just don't want to be stuck driving 2-3 hours certain places. We expect to walk to most places for eating and so forth. We rented a condo in Tamarinda and will utilize it for Breakfast most of the time, however, does tamarindo beach have a couple places to get a bit to eat for lunch or do you need to walk into town. It is more convenient if we could just eat on the beach instead of backing up our personal belongings and walk to town and then walk back to the beach. Or do you suggest that we rent a car for the whole 12 days to utilize all the different and close beaches.

Alberta
Level Contributor
127 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: beach chair rentals

there is an older post that says it is 50 US for a cab ride but doesn't say if it is one way or return. Anyone know?

Jaco, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: beach chair rentals

It is only 16 km to Avellanas. I knew it wasn't far but wanted to know for sure. The roads are sometimes not great and not as many taxis as some places in CR, but I couldn't see it being $50. If you did decide to go, do on one of the days you have a car.

9. Re: beach chair rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2011, 13:20