We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how many days in each place? help

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
how many days in each place? help

i have 15 days in costa rica, i have planned tortuguero, arenal, monterverde, tamarindo, manuel antonio, drake bay( cocovado national park) how many days should i stay in each ??

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,087 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how many days in each place? help

IMO Tortuguero 2 nights

Arenal 3 nights

Monteverde 2 nights

Tamarindo 3 nights

Manuel Antonio 2

Drakes 3 nights

I would skip Manuel Antonio, if you are going to Drakes then you will have a more authentic jungle experience than is possible in the Manuel Antonio area and you wont feel so rushed during the trip

Cheers

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,555 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how many days in each place? help

Very much agree with Inca...in my case I will cut Monteverde to one night...of course if you are into nature...flowers...insects...birds...then 2 nights...and maybe more days around Corcovado since is remote and nice...very nice!

roadadivsor

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
97 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how many days in each place? help

Hello I recommend:

San Jose 1night

Tortuguero 2 nights

Arenal 2 nights

Monterverde 2 nights

Tamarindo 3 nights

Manuel Antonio 2 nights

Drake 3 nights

This is the right order of the locations, remember all the transportation to Tortuguero are in the morning and to take a local flight in the afternoon to tortuguero depends of you arrival time in CR. So is better to stay in San jose and early morning start your trip...

Also from Manuel Antonio to Drake and from Drake to San jose (departure day) is better to get a domestic flight.

Regards

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
9,792 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how many days in each place? help

I'd suggest a slightly diffrent order and would also suggest dropping Tamarindo from the list (unless your;e flying into Liberia) as it adds significant driving time to this trip and the beach at Manuel Antonio is gorgeous. With 15 days/14 nights I'd suggest:

San Jose 1 night

Tortuguero 2 nights

Arenal 3 nights

Monterverde 1 night

Manuel Antonio 3 nights

Drake Bay 3 nights

San Jose/Central Valley last night

You could also consider dropping 1 of your destinations so you have more time to settle in at one spot. For instance you could stay in Dominical or Uvita for 5-6 nights and use it as a base to visit Manuel Antonio and Drake Bay on daytrips.

5. Re: how many days in each place? help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 09:17