We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Capitan Suizo or Cala Luna?????

Atlanta, Georgia
14 posts
Save Topic
Capitan Suizo or Cala Luna?????

My family and I will be in the Guanacaste/Tamarindo region in late May. Does any one have a reccomendation on which hotel is better - Capitan Suizo or Cala Luna? We are looking for authentic Costa Rican feel but with a little luxury on a nice beach with a nice pool thats close to resturants, activities etc.

Thanks

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,497 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Capitan Suizo or Cala Luna?????

Either one is not reflection of our culture...based on your information I will said tha Cala Luna is a lot better resort-hotel all the way!

roadadvisor

Michigan
Level Contributor
7 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Capitan Suizo or Cala Luna?????

We're at Cala Luna right now. Service is outstanding. Not sure how many are in your family, but we're staying in a 2-br, 2-bath garden villa with tons of liviing space. It's got the functionality of a condo (full kitchen except no dishwasher, no biggie) but the villa is distinctly Costa Rican in its interior space, with high vaulted, dark wooden ceilings. The villas are free-standing, L-shaped buildings, some with their own pools, which are very nice to have. Cala Luna is a couple of blocks further away from the center of town than Capt Suizo. Beach here is a short walk, the property isn't directly on the water, but no one seems to mind. Restaurant is top-notch as well! To be fair, I don't know about the Capt. Suizo property. Here, however, the resort is quite spread out so you feel like you're on the grounds of a bigger complex, not a small hotel. Hope this helps; above are just my opinions. Have a great trip!

Michigan
Level Contributor
7 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Capitan Suizo or Cala Luna?????

We're at Cala Luna right now. Service is outstanding. Not sure how many are in your family, but we're staying in a 2-br, 2-bath garden villa with tons of liviing space. It's got the functionality of a condo (full kitchen except no dishwasher, no biggie) but the villa is distinctly Costa Rican in its interior space, with high vaulted, dark wooden ceilings. The villas are free-standing, L-shaped buildings, some with their own pools, which are very nice to have. Cala Luna is a couple of blocks further away from the center of town than Capt Suizo. Beach here is a short walk, the property isn't directly on the water, but no one seems to mind. Restaurant is top-notch as well! To be fair, I don't know about the Capt. Suizo property. Here, however, the resort is quite spread out so you feel like you're on the grounds of a bigger complex, not a small hotel. Hope this helps; above are just my opinions. Have a great trip!

Sonoma, California
Level Contributor
22 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Capitan Suizo or Cala Luna?????

I've stayed at Capitan Suizo 5 times in the last few years. Love every aspect. The rooms are beautiful, the restaurant is pretty much on the beach and offers lots of good food options, the staff are friendly and helpful and they've got a ton of wildlife that travel through the property every day because of all of the tall trees and natural landscape. Plus, the beach is about 10 feet away. You're also close enough to town to walk - on the beach or road. I also choose to stay there because of their commitment to the environment and local community.

Atlanta, Georgia
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Capitan Suizo or Cala Luna?????

All- thanks so much. I think we will do cala luna

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Capitan Suizo or Cala Luna?????

I will say Cala Luna....if you are a family you guys can take the family villas that have a private pool...those rooms are great

Atlanta, Georgia
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Capitan Suizo or Cala Luna?????

All- thanks so much. I think we will do cala luna

8. Re: Capitan Suizo or Cala Luna?????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 15:18