We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st class bus options Guatemala City to Xela

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
68 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
1st class bus options Guatemala City to Xela

I am looking into updated info on Bus Options from Guatemala City to Xela.

It looks like Alamo, TransGalgos and Linea Dorada are the main Bus lines. Right we are set to use Alamo from GUA City to Xela 3:30pm bus unclear if it's first class when we call they say all tickets are the same.

The goal is to make sure my wife has a comfortable safe bus for the long ride which is why I try to book 1st class if possible. Also looked into a few private shuttles, but want to confirm bus options.

We have a driver that will take her to the city from the Airport to the Bus Terminal.

Mentioned in this post
Guatemala City
Guatemala City
Guatemala Department, Guatemala
8 replies to this topic
Alma, Michigan
Level Contributor
138 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st class bus options Guatemala City to Xela

A private car with driver will be the most comfortable. You can leave when you want and make stops when you want. The cost is about $130 each way. The private cars can hold 3-4 people. The price is per trip not per person.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
68 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st class bus options Guatemala City to Xela

Thanks for the info, yes I am aware of the shuttle and private driver options, in fact I have someone that I use in Guatemala City that I trust who will do it for $90 usd. $130 is about the quoted rate I get when speaking with most drivers.

I do however want to understand the bus routes and options, as a frequent traveler to the region we fly friends and family in and want to have first hand experience on the options since the driver option will defiantly not work with all our guests.

Mentioned in this post
Guatemala City
Guatemala City
Paris, Canada
Level Contributor
6,466 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st class bus options Guatemala City to Xela

We took an Alamo bus from Xela to Guatemala City a few years ago. It took 4 hours. I think it now costs Q65. It was a comfortable bus and I am pretty sure all Alamo buses are Pullman (1st class) buses.

Mentioned in this post
Guatemala City
Guatemala City
Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
68 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st class bus options Guatemala City to Xela

Perfect thanks so much, that makes us feel much better - the rate was exactly Q65 when my wife called (7/7/17) and we also heard they use Pullman buses.

Cupertino...
Level Contributor
37 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st class bus options Guatemala City to Xela

In Guatemala, first class means a Greyhound-type bus (a "Pullman" as opposed to a schoolbus (chicken bus). The seats inside are all the same. A/c is usually better closer to the front, though. The rear seats are near the bathroom and often over ther rear wheel wells, so can be less desirable.

Mentioned in this post
Guatemala
Guatemala
Central America
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st class bus options Guatemala City to Xela

Hello

I am thinking of travelling to Guatemala in April. I would really appreciate it if you have an e-mail of a driver that you trust to give me

Thanks a lot

Maria

Mentioned in this post
Guatemala
Guatemala
Central America
Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
68 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st class bus options Guatemala City to Xela

Hello Maria, he has since stopped making this run. I travel quite frequently to Xela and simply catch the Alamo bus from Guate. It would be great to find other private drivers again.

The issue is it only makes sense if the driver has a connection in Xela where they stay after they drop you off. In my case, his family moved out of Xela right around September so it's not a good option for him to make the run for any cost at this point.

South Milwaukee...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1st class bus options Guatemala City to Xela

Any ideas on where to find private shuttle/drivers?

Edited: 09 January 2018, 11:55
Reply to: 1st class bus options Guatemala City to Xela
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Quetzaltenango