We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alcohol purchases

13 posts
Save Topic
Alcohol purchases

If i was to purchase a bunch of the higher end rum (flor de cana 18yr) or the one that starts with a Z whats the cheapest place that has it. I was thinking eldons or i heard of a duty free in west end?

16 replies to this topic
Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
2,083 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alcohol purchases

Casa Ron in Coxen hole would likely have a little better pricing but is a couple dollars worth the hassle? I Would stick with Eldons

Mentioned in this post
Coxen Hole
Coxen Hole
Roatan, Honduras
Tokyo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Hakone-machi, Minato
Level Contributor
7,269 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Alcohol purchases

Where are you staying? There’s a Duty Free shop at West End, so you could check there and Eldon’s and compare prices. Not sure if Duty Free carries what you’re looking for though. Eldon’s has variety.

Edited: 15 April 2018, 09:44
Mentioned in this post
West End
West End
Roatan, Honduras
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Alcohol purchases

We are in west bay and will probably visit west end a few times. Did t know if eldons or the duty free was a better deal if i was going to be buying more than a couple of the 18 year old rum.

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
2,083 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alcohol purchases

18 Year? A couple is no big deal , I thought you were talking a bunch. And then, why not do the 25 year ?

13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Alcohol purchases

I was going to get the max i can bring back to the states. Is that all going in checked luggage i guess? Here in the states the 25 is 5x the price so i was thinking the 18 would be the good value on the high end. If anyone knew the prices and eldons or the duty free that would be helpful.

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
682 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alcohol purchases

Casa Ron and Eldon's are about 2 minutes apart in Coxen Hole. If Casa Ron has it, they will be by far cheaper than Eldons. Current price for a 26oz. of 4 year old Flora du Cana is 160 lmps. at Casa Ron.

Mentioned in this post
Coxen Hole
Coxen Hole
Roatan, Honduras
Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
2,083 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alcohol purchases

Eldons today, 4 year Flor De Cana L.180, less than a dollar difference than Casa Ron, Also Eldons 18 year, L.1147, 25 year L.4400

13 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Alcohol purchases

Oh ok i was expecting it to be cheaper than what we pay here in the states...maybe its a full liter there? $49 is what we pay for the 18 regularly here in the us.

Tokyo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Hakone-machi, Minato
Level Contributor
7,269 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Alcohol purchases

Roatan is, by no means, a "cheap" destination. If you're purchasing alcohol at Eldon's (and elsewhere), add 18% tax. Prices at Duty Free aren't "cheap", either, as every Duty Free shop sets its own price, often depending on the rent -- and "because they can."

Mentioned in this post
Roatan
Roatan
Bay Islands, Honduras
Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
2,083 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alcohol purchases

The prices listed at Eldons for all goods, include tax

Reply to: Alcohol purchases