We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming this Saturday..have a question about open restuarants

Dubuque, Iowa
Level Contributor
71 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Coming this Saturday..have a question about open restuarants

Hi, We are coming this Saturday and staying for one week. I am curious if alot of restuarants on West Bay or West End are closed. We are staying at IB and will probably eat in this area as well as taxi to West End a few times.

Thanks!

PS...this is our first trip so feel free to toss out any recommendations. Thanks agin.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,535 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming this Saturday..have a question about open restuarants

can't tell you about what restaurants are open...

as to recommendations, if you are not aware of it, there are boats that travel back and forth between West Bay and West End - they call them water taxis - and cost I think about $3 per person... a little less in lemps, if I remember correctly... so you can mix it up... regular taxi and water taxi.

You might also want to walk West Bay to West End one day (during daylight only) along the beach. Work up a nice appetitie, have a good lunch, then taxi back...

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,694 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coming this Saturday..have a question about open restuarants

I believe I read Smuggler's is closed until October 7th.

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,742 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coming this Saturday..have a question about open restuarants

I was on the island at this time last year and did not notice any closed restaurants that are on a seasonal close. The usual number out of business here and there. The restaurants in West End coordinate their weekly closed day so that they are not all closed on the same day. I imagine that the places on West Bay are open every day, being more associated with resorts.

Be aware that a 50 lempira water taxi ride from West Bay to West End for dinner turns into a more expensive land taxi on the ride home. You really don't want to walk that in the dark.

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
696 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coming this Saturday..have a question about open restuarants

Smugglers is closed until Oct. 7th and Hungry Monkey in West Bay Mall is closed unitl mid Oct. (don't quote me on dates) as well. I'm not aware of any in West End that are presently closed for low season.

Roatan, Honduras
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Coming this Saturday..have a question about open restuarants

Some of the restaurants in West End are closed on certain days.. for example, I believe Cannibal Cafe on Sundays, Earth Mama's on Mondays, Splash Tuesdays... etc. Some are open only for dinner as well. If you have a restaurant in mind, you might want to call ahead just to ensure they are open on that day. Hope you have a wonderful vacation on the island!

Dubuque, Iowa
Level Contributor
71 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coming this Saturday..have a question about open restuarants

Thanks so much for all of your replies. I did read about the water taxis and we'll probably use them a couple of times. I'm crossing my fingers for great weather!!

Thanks again

Stephanie

Minnesota
Level Contributor
384 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coming this Saturday..have a question about open restuarants

One of the "perks" of staying at IB is that the water taxis run until 9:30 at night. You can arrange ahead of time to be picked up at that time, or earlier. I know that sounds early, but after a day of snorkeling, sunning, hiking, etc., 9:30 was close to my bedtime : )

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,714 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coming this Saturday..have a question about open restuarants

cdbeardie ~ is that specifically the Infinity water taxi? Is the after dark fee different that the day time fee?

Collingwood, Canada
Level Contributor
92 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Coming this Saturday..have a question about open restuarants

Lily Pond in West End is my favorite, great food, inexpensive and fantastic atmosphere and service

10. Re: Coming this Saturday..have a question about open restuarants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 09:18
Get answers to your questions about Roatan
Recent Conversations