We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The once tranquil corner......

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
The once tranquil corner......

https://vimeo.com/49623076

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,494 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The once tranquil corner......

a little irony... the scenes of the black cliff point covered in tropical foliage they use to delight the eye are before the development cut down most of the trees...

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,665 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The once tranquil corner......

I don't think that it will be as visually intrusive as the rendering suggests. I just hope they don't end up covering the entire top of the bluff, which is pretty much the iconic symbol for Roatan. Anybody know how many buildings they are planning altogether?

Mentioned in this post
Roatan
Roatan
Bay Islands, Honduras
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The once tranquil corner......

I just listened again...it says "over 280 condos".....wow, a lot, no?

ont
Level Contributor
424 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The once tranquil corner......

its probably wrote as a dream on the back of a cigarette pack or a napkin from the bar along way from completion..........

Anyone been recently to show pics of what it actually looks like ,, seems like they have been at it for over a year not alot of progress, and no where near the 280 as suggested

Even when Infinity was built , for every tree they moved or cut down they had to replace with 3 new ones was the rumour we heard . and it looks lovely at infinity !!!

my hope is : water and sewage, was done with well engineered and inspected plans for the future and that should be for any thing being built on the island big or small!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Re: The once tranquil corner......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 01:15
Minnesota
Level Contributor
382 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The once tranquil corner......

If you check out www.grandroatan.com, the plans are there. I think there are about 3 buildings now, with "future expansion" listed.

7. Re: The once tranquil corner......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 20:18