We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone stayed at Tranquil Seas?

new haven
Level Contributor
197 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone stayed at Tranquil Seas?

We booked a cabana at Tranquil Seas to avoid the cruise ship crowds, but I'm getting cold feet. We're traveling with our almost 5 year old. Has anyone been there and if so, do you think we'll be ok there with a young child? Thanks! BTW, he's well traveled and extremely well-behaved.

Level Contributor
204 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone stayed at Tranquil Seas?

Listen to your cold feet!

I stayed next to TS for 5 weeks last spring. I have nothing against the resort or the area, but with a 5 year old, I'd vote for IB, or else where on West Bay Better beach, no muck or sea grass, lots of other kids, big pool, more places to eat, water taxi rides, etc. etc. Cruisers are part of the entertainment and its a short show..

Do take time to explore some other areas of the island. Call Edwin, taxi #001 at 9850 8064 for a safe, courteous, English speaking driver who would be great with your son, as he has siblings of similar age. You will take lots of taxis if you choose Tranquil Seas.

If you stick with TS, PM me and I'll add a bunch of tips for that spot, including where the octopus lives!

Mentioned in this post
West Bay
West Bay
Roatan, Honduras
new haven
Level Contributor
197 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone stayed at Tranquil Seas?

Thanks so much for responding. We were thinking the same and keep going back and forth. Our major concerns with IB is that we're going the week of school break and think it will be crazy busy with cruise ships and weddings, not to mention the resort is very full that week. We don't like noise at night, since our son goes to bed early, and we like good food. The palapa bar seems to get terrible reviews. TS seems to get rave reviews for their food and I assume it'll be quiet at night. We plan on renting a car. So am I wrong in my thinking? I don't want to be really disappointed. Thinking we can drive to West Bay most days if we want, or is that a pain? Thanks for any input!

Mentioned in this post
West Bay
West Bay
Roatan, Honduras
Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
682 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone stayed at Tranquil Seas?

Tranquil Seas is indeed quiet, and with a car, you will be fine. For good food, you have a few choices very near you (on site and 2 doors over), plus you can drive into West End for a huge choice of very good restaurants. I'm not a fan of most West Bay restaurants, but prefer to eat in West End/Sandy Bay area (cheaper and better quality). If you want the great beach, then yes with a car you can head to West bay beach (about 15 - 20 drive), and spend the day watching the people, and letting your son explore. Tranquil Seas is a great place to stay and Chris and Monica will do their utmost to make sure your vacation is a super one !

Mentioned in this post
West End
West End
Roatan, Honduras
West Bay
West Bay
Roatan, Honduras
Sandy Bay
Sandy Bay
Roatan, Honduras
West Bay Beach
West Bay Beach
2,810 Reviews
Roatan, Honduras
new haven
Level Contributor
197 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone stayed at Tranquil Seas?

Thanks- I feel a little more at ease!

5. Re: Anyone stayed at Tranquil Seas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 18:18