We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do non-US citizens need a visa for Honduras?

Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
218 reviews
Save Topic
Do non-US citizens need a visa for Honduras?

Could citizens of countries other than the US who have entered Honduras recently chime in on whether they had to obtain a visa before traveling to Honduras? I have been told by one of the Honduran consulates in the US (via an email exchange) that all nationalities besides US need a visa for Honduras. (Well, this was the second version - the first time they told me that everyone needs a visa.) This is at variance with everything I have read elsewhere (including the Honduran Embassy websites for the embassies in Canada and Scandinavia) - which say that many nationalities (including mine) do NOT need a visa for short tourist visits. BTW, I am entering Honduras overland from Guatemala, not flying in - which I would have thought means that I don't need a visa as a result of the Central America Border Control Agreement C-4.

No one is picking up the phone today at any Honduran consulate or embassy in North America that I have tried. Therefore, before I take things further, I was seeking feedback to get a sense of whether what I am being told by my local consulate bears any relationship to what is actually happening in practice.

Thanks very much.

Elizabeth

Mentioned in this post
Honduras
Honduras
Central America
Guatemala
Guatemala
Central America
Kootenays
Level Contributor
471 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do non-US citizens need a visa for Honduras?

I'm Canadian and have never required a visa. Of course, things change but as of last March, I didn't need one.

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
60 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do non-US citizens need a visa for Honduras?

Hi, Everybody who comes into Honduras needs a visa. But you just fill out a form at the border or at the airport where it get stamped and stapled into your passport. Today is Colubus day so that is probably why nobody answers the phone, they just don´t work.

Mentioned in this post
Honduras
Honduras
Central America
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,635 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do non-US citizens need a visa for Honduras?

No one would be answering government phones today in the USA as it is a holiday.

Here is a good link to check out...

learn4good.com/travel/honduras_visa.htm#req

Madrid
Level Contributor
156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do non-US citizens need a visa for Honduras?

Hello

You Dont state Your Nationality..But currently if you hold a Valid Visa or Resident Card/Greencard to The USA,Canada or Any of the European Union Countries You dont requiere a Visa to Visit Honduras or any of the C-4 countries regardless of Your Country of Citizenship.All you need is a Valid passport,Proof on onward Travel and Proof that you hold a Visa or Resident card to one of the above mentioned countries.

If You dont hold a Valid Visa/Resident card to one of the above then you should state Your Nationality and I will let you know if you need a Visa or not to enter Honduras.

You did mention youre coming from Guatemala so if you dont need a Visa for Guatemala chances are you wont need one for Honduras..But just state your nationality to make sure

Mentioned in this post
Honduras
Honduras
Central America
Guatemala
Guatemala
Central America
5. Re: Do non-US citizens need a visa for Honduras?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2010, 12:19
Get answers to your questions about Tegucigalpa
Recent Conversations