We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 week condo/apartment rental

Waterloo
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
2 week condo/apartment rental

I am going to be traveling to Tegucigalpa in either Sept or October with 3 very young children and my parents. We are looking for a place to stay that is SAFE, affordable and has a mini kitchenette. I am hoping to possibly rent a place or if that is not possible look at hotels. Does anyone have any suggestions or know any good websites that would provide this info?

Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
456 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 week condo/apartment rental

I stayed in Aparthotel Guijarros when I arrived and liked it: www.guijarros.com. It is a very safe building in a good neighborhood. Unfortunately, there is nowhere in Tegus that I would suggest as "safe" to walk around on the streets with three small children when you've just arrived, but the Aparthotel Guijarros has a swimming pool, and is less than five minutes by car to a mall, so at least that´s something to do. Two-bedroom apartments are US$130/night, and there are discounts for extended stays.

Another place that is a bit cheaper is Aparthotel Las Condes, also in a good neighborhodd, but I don't know if they have a swimming pool, and I would think with 3 small kids that would make a big difference in your sanity, so that there is something fun for them to do during the day! Anyway, their website is www.lascondeshotel.com.

The hotel Honduras Maya has apartments, $104/night, and that would be a great place to stay actually. Very nice pool, the gym onsite, and you could actually walk to a couple of restaurants from there if you wanted to get out. I don't know if they are just suites with kitchenettes, or if there are actually bedrooms. Their website is www.hotelhondurasmaya.com.

The cheapest decent place I know is the Hotel Istmania, which is downtown - not safe for walking around at night, but fine during the day (as long as you are always attentive to your surroundings), and then you can walk to the churches, museums, and the national library which has a children's reading room. It's $316/month (shorter stays are obviously cheaper), and their email is lahasbun@hotmail.com. Maybe if you google you can find some photos of the place. It's old and basic, but not bad at all if you are looking for something cheap.

2. Re: 2 week condo/apartment rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2010, 13:17
Get answers to your questions about Tegucigalpa