We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it worth it?

Lacey
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Is it worth it?

Thought about going somewhere different. Is Tegucigalpa worth visiting from the U.S?

West Bend, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Is it worth it?

I will be staying in tegus at the Humuya Inn in a few weeks. I am wondering what the area is like around the Humuya, what are some good things to do and where are some good places to eat. We would like to expereince the culture as mucha s we can and want to try authentic food. Any help would be appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Humuya Inn
Hotel Humuya Inn
296 Reviews
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
16 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Is it worth it?

Hello, the Humuya Inn is a beautiful little hotel with wonderful staff. That said, it's in a fairly decent residential area without much around it. That can be either good or bad depending on what you're looking for. There is a large mall (Las Cascadas) fairly close but it's not something you can walk to. Even though the residential area is touted as a nice upscale area you really should be walking around to far from the hotel. I have stayed at the Humuya twice and the locals I was with were not real fond of of the idea of walking due to safety concerns. That said, you will love the hotel. I'm more than willing to help if you have any questions as I have spent alot of time in Tegucigalpa and the surrounding areas..both in the more touristy areas and off the beaten path with my Honduran friends.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Humuya Inn
Hotel Humuya Inn
296 Reviews
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Tegucigalpa
Tegucigalpa
Francisco Morazan Department, Honduras
West Bend, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Is it worth it?

We will only be here for one day, a Saturday. We would like to go experience the most important sights and find some local eats? Any suggestions?

New York City, New...
4 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Is it worth it?

Hi I'm going to Tegucigalpa on March 28 with a friend who is from there. I'll be there for a month staying with her family. Any suggestions for day trips, points of interest, or shops to visit in the city. I already bought my ticket and now I'm starting to get a little nervous after reading all there negative comments. Are there any nice restaurants or hotels where i can escape if I need some privacy or just plain luxury.

Also is the water safe to drink and will i need an electrical converter. Anything you can think of, that I can bring to make my trip more comfortable please advise. I'll be waiting anxiously to here from you all

thanks

Andrea

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
3,045 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Is it worth it?

You should drink bottled water in Honduras. No elec conv needed if coming from u.s. see if your friend would like to go with you to the islands for a week, it would make a nice break. Also head up to copan to see the Mayan ruins for a few days, Hedman alas bus line is very good & perfectly safe if you go on your own. Have fun

Mentioned in this post
Honduras
Honduras
Central America
Houston
Level Contributor
80 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Is it worth it?

I have stayed at the Intercontinental and it is a very nice hotel right next to the mall.

Kootenays
Level Contributor
492 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Is it worth it?

I just spent 10 days there on business and it was fine. I enjoyed walking to the Cathedral. The art gallery and the museum of identity were well worth the visit. You can visit Valle de los Angelas and Santa Lucia. I'm sure her family will assist you in planning your time.

You'd have lots of time to visit Copan and the islands. I second the recommendation of traveling by Hedman Alas. Your friend's family will also assist you with security issues.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
72 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Is it worth it?

Was just there a couple weeks ago. Agree with some of the other posts here. See Copan if you can. Love the Bay Islands. Valle de Angeles is a quaint little town to knock around in, and not too far out of Teguz.

Stay out of Comayaguela for sure, and no, don't drink the water!

If you need a break , the Intercontinental is fine IMO, and next door to the Mall MultiPlaza which is very nice.

Some interesting restaurants include TaContento for good casual food/great service, and a place called Baleadas for breakfast (good local food and inexpensive).

Mentioned in this post
19. Re: Is it worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2013, 23:21
Get answers to your questions about Tegucigalpa
Recent Conversations