We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to go West of Tegucigalpa..

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to go West of Tegucigalpa..

My partner and I are flying into Tegucigalpa in 11 days. I have no interest in staying in the city, we want to make our way towards Copan Ruins. Can anyone suggest a place to stay for a day or two between Tegucigalpa and Copan? Is La Esperenza or Gracias worth stopping at? I'm a seasoned traveler and I don't need luxury.. The other complication may be that we arrive at 1:30 in the afternoon.. so I don't know what are bus options may be? Any help is appreciated. :)

Mentioned in this post
Tegucigalpa
Tegucigalpa
Francisco Morazan Department, Honduras
Atlanta
Level Contributor
72 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best place to go West of Tegucigalpa..

A little late on this post, but I lived in Tegus for 2 1/2 years and travel back there on occasion. I never had an issue flying in and out of there, and Continental, American, and Delta all fly there. Comayagua is nice also. Should be obvious to any traveler, but as with any city stateside or in L.A., know which areas to venture into and which not to.

As a side note, always had a blast in Roatan. Just wish it could have preserved it's "bohemian" style.

Mentioned in this post
Roatan
Roatan
Bay Islands, Honduras
12. Re: Best place to go West of Tegucigalpa..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2013, 18:20
Get answers to your questions about Tegucigalpa
Recent Conversations