We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel for early morning flight

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
181 posts
28 reviews
Best hotel for early morning flight

We are planning our trip to Roatan. We will be flying into Tegucigalpa and will take an early morning flight to Roatan the next day. We'll need to spend the night in Tegucigalpa. What would be the most convenient hotel to the airport?

Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
456 posts
88 reviews
1. Re: Best hotel for early morning flight

There aren't any decent hotels really close to the airport frankly. If you have an early morning flight and need to be at the airport by 7am or earlier, you shouldn't have traffic, so it's not such a problem anyway. If you need to be later than 7am, then there starts to be traffic.

The only area I wouldn't particulary recommend if you're just coming in and out is the center, because getting there the evening you arrive you could hit traffic, and it's farther than the hotels in other areas.

What is your budget?

Here are a few suggestions:

InterContinental (splurge, but next to a mall and with two good restaurants, so a one-stop shop)

Clarion

Florencia Plaza

Humuya Inn (not close to any restaurants, perhaps they offer dinner, otherwise you'll have to cab it back and forth)

Honduras Maya (this one is past its glory, but has some local character, and is close enough to walk to a couple of restaurants, and very close by cab to many more)

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
181 posts
28 reviews
2. Re: Best hotel for early morning flight

We're still in the preliminary stages of planning so I can't say for sure how much we'll have to spend on the hotel but thanks for your suggestions. We'll definitely consider them.

Tegucigalpa
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Best hotel for early morning flight

Good evening,

I am the owner of Humuya Inn and just wanted to give you my two cents. We are probably the closest full service hotel from the airport (5-7 minutes). I agree with American Oversees that before 7 am you should be just fine traffic wise. Our front desk can set up a early morning cab so that you will be sure to get to the airport on time. We do have a restaurant in our Inn open from 6:30 am until 8:30 pm with American and Honduran specialties along with a a great gym, business center, gift shop and terrace with wonderful views of the city. Just today our Inn received the coveted TripAdvisor's Travelers Choice award.

Let me know if we can help you with your trip to Tegucigalpa. www.humuyainn.com

Thank you,

Scott Crook

Owner Humuya Inn

4. Re: Best hotel for early morning flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2013, 18:26
Get answers to your questions about Tegucigalpa
Recent Conversations