We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Canton, Honduras

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
82 posts
50 reviews
El Canton, Honduras

My daughter is going to be working on a water project in El Canton, which I think is somewhat near Tegucigalpa, so I'm posting in this forum. The State Department website suggests a rabies vaccination. Is that really necessary? Anything anyone has to offer on this subject or El Canton in general would be very appreciated.

Thanks!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
82 posts
50 reviews
11. Re: El Canton, Honduras

Thank you all for posting. I hope this is a useful resource to other folks investigating this issue.

My daughter's group hasn't gone yet, but one of the student leaders investigated the vaccination issue. He was told that the rabies vaccination buys you some extra time if you are in a remote area, but that a bite would be treated the same way, even if you've had the vaccination. Since our group will not be far from medical help and the risk of getting an animal bite is low, they all decided not to get the vaccination.

12. Re: El Canton, Honduras

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 18:15
Get answers to your questions about Tegucigalpa