We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family portraits in Maui?

Pass Christian...
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Family portraits in Maui?

Any suggestions for photographers? My in laws are planned the trip - 4 couples, two young men & two small children. I wanted to organize something to thank them - but would it be too hard to get everyone together? We're staying in knaapali. TIA

Jackson, California
Level Contributor
166 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family portraits in Maui?

We used Grins to Go a few years to take some family photos, they turned out great and were very affordable. I don't know anything about them now though. But, I did hear they now have a kiosk in Whalers Village. Not sure what hotel you're staying at, but your hotel may have a photographer or some sort of photography deal?

Jackson, California
Level Contributor
166 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family portraits in Maui?

We used Grins to Go a few years to take some family photos, they turned out great and were very affordable. I don't know anything about them now though. But, I did hear they now have a kiosk in Whalers Village. Not sure what hotel you're staying at, but your hotel may have a photographer or some sort of photography deal?

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
21,928 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family portraits in Maui?

There is a photography kiosk right in front of Hula Grill in Whaler's Village...check them out,

Princeville, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
42,620 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family portraits in Maui?

Also if you look at the right hand side of this page under Top Questions, click on Getting Married On Maui? There is a list of photographers.

Lake Stevens, WA
Level Contributor
118 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Family portraits in Maui?

We had family pictures taken in August 2011. There was ten of us, two families of five. We used Greg Hoxsie. He is very easy to work with and it was a great experience. His website is www.amauibeachwedding.com

His website has great information. One word of advice is to think about your portrait time, we chose the evening sunset for our pictures and it was SO windy that I wish we would have chosen the morning, The sunset pictures are beautiful but the hair is a little wild.

Good Luck.

Sun City West...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family portraits in Maui?

another option that would be different and fun, is the 'bird guy' who takes pictures of people with exotic birds. he's usually around the pioneer inn...in lahaina.

lake forest park
Level Contributor
186 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family portraits in Maui?

Mamma,

Great Idea. I've gain a couple so is it a picture first and then lunch? I don't know if you're in Maui or Gig Harbor, but we've had snow most days lately. It might be better than Maui.

8. Re: Family portraits in Maui?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 16:42