We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mechoui in Fes

Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Mechoui in Fes

Hello,

I just booked my Tickets and Riad in Fes and now I am planning my Trip.

I saw on some Videos about Marakech the Lamb roasted in a hole. It is called Mechoui.

Unfortunately I can't find any Information about Mechoui in Fes. I really want to try the traditional Version which is roasted in the hole. I know that you can Order this dish in the ruined Garden but it is not exactly what I want.

Hopefully somebody know if there is a Place in the Medina or elsewhere where I can eat this.

I am also planning to go to Azrou. Maybe there is also a Mechoui Restaurant?

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
12,718 posts
68 reviews
1. Re: Mechoui in Fes

As you say, you can indeed get mechoui at the Ruined Garden, …blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/tasting-fine-food-of…

I've not seen it elsewhere in Fez, though there are places where meat dishes are communally cooked in bakers' ovens so perhaps if you ask around.

I've spent literally weeks in Azrou and haven't seen mechoui, the local speciality is trout.

Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Mechoui in Fes

Thank you very much Tim for youre Reply.

I will ask if somebody in my Riad knows something about it.

I will visit Azrou and the Monkeys in the Cedar Wood because of youre recommendation.

I think I have to organize a driver from my Riad for this because we are 4 and I also want to visit the Monkeys on the Same Day äs we visiti the berber market in Azrou and maybe one More Place on the Same daytrip.

Maybe i can eat there trout.

3. Re: Mechoui in Fes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2017, 04:56
4. Re: Mechoui in Fes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2018, 12:18