We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meknes, Volubilis, Moulay Idriss - How much time?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
130 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Meknes, Volubilis, Moulay Idriss - How much time?

Hi,

I want to go to these three places from Fes. How much time do you think I'd have in each place if I go early in the morning and stay until sunset? I don't linger at sites and I'm not really into museums so maybe I wouldn't need a whole lot of time? I'm planning on going to Meknes by train and then taking a taxi to the other two cities. Also, do you know how early I can go and how late I can stay - I mean in regards to transportation access and hours of operation for tourist sites and restaurants. Yes, I do have two guide books and have looked on this site but posts on this topic are fairly old. Hopefully you can help me with these specific questions.

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Fes
Fes
Fes-Boulemane Region, Morocco
Meknes
Meknes
Meknes-Tafilalet Region, Morocco
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,857 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meknes, Volubilis, Moulay Idriss - How much time?

you can do all 3 in a day if you are happy to just have a quick look - maybe you are best to goto Meknes last as the Medina will be open until late

check ONCF.ma for train times

Mentioned in this post
Meknes
Meknes
Meknes-Tafilalet Region, Morocco
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
130 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meknes, Volubilis, Moulay Idriss - How much time?

Great idea! Thank you so much!!!!

3. Re: Meknes, Volubilis, Moulay Idriss - How much time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2018, 12:19