We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single female :) wondering around the Medina

SEATTLE
Level Contributor
239 posts
326 reviews
Save Topic
Single female :) wondering around the Medina

Hello.

Beside the logical being aware of my surroundings , not engaging with strangers and keeping myself walking around open areas, well-lit and busy places.... which other advise can I get while inside the Medina. I know, I will be offer by nice gentlements :) their help etc... and I know how to handle it.. but my concern is how difficult is the maze itself? should I go only with a tour guide?

Please advise.

11. Re: Single female :) wondering around the Medina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2017, 20:59
Casablanca, Morocco
Level Contributor
6,384 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Single female :) wondering around the Medina

Hi apocalipse

I'm sure I don't have to tell you that it is absolutely essential not to respond to proposals to meet up from locals who joined TA today just for the purpose of hooking up with you. Likewise ignore all and every PM that is unsolicited that arrives in your TA mailbox.

How do I know it's a local? As a translator and linguist, I can usually tell when someone is writing in a foreign language and what the source language is. I won't point out how I know as I don't want others to take note of the pitfalls.

Edited: 28 June 2017, 08:33
SEATTLE
Level Contributor
239 posts
326 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Single female :) wondering around the Medina

Hi Mish... not really sure what happen to my post since it got removed, today.. if there was any inappropriate comment? or solicitation...from anyone... I know on my end that I only respond to people That I know or those that are TA regulars, but thanks for your advise; and as for meeting them or anyone @ any travelling city.. that will only happen if I have a company voucher that proves it's a legitimate company and that I have paid for a tour services..:)

Now, regarding Fez Medina.. I was asking because I don't want to end up in one of the dead end alleys @ night. So, could you kindly give me your advise.. I only have few hours one afternoon after my own tour.. to wander around on my own..

Thanks for your time & advise.

Edited: 28 June 2017, 23:12
Casablanca, Morocco
Level Contributor
6,384 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Single female :) wondering around the Medina

Hi apocalipse

The removed post 11 was from a really creepy local who posted on loads of threads started by women that he wanted to hook up. One of the DEs got in touch with the mods and all his posts were removed.

As for Fes, I can't really give advice as I don't really know the city very well. All I can say is that before they put up the direction signs up for tourists, I walked through the more ancient medina without help and ignoring offers of a "guide". But that's me. As you might have seen, I can be pretty forceful and I won't tolerate idiots trying to fleece me.

SEATTLE
Level Contributor
239 posts
326 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Single female :) wondering around the Medina

:))) yeap a lot of creepy ones out there....

Well happy to say I found a great map of the Medina and I think I'll be perfectly fine... I took a pic. and it's now on my Morocco notes... so all I have to do is open it. and yes stroll the medina. Now I have to chase a map for Marrakech Medina . Have a lovely week.

Thanks so much for your help.

16. Re: Single female :) wondering around the Medina

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2017, 08:54
Casablanca, Morocco
Level Contributor
6,384 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Single female :) wondering around the Medina

Post #16 reported.

SEATTLE
Level Contributor
239 posts
326 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Single female :) wondering around the Medina

NO ! no need for companion!!! just advise. Haraj Ealayk!!

Edited: 03 July 2017, 22:40
19. Re: Single female :) wondering around the Medina

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 05 July 2018, 12:16