We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how much cost to atlas mountain (1 day) and Essaouira (1 day

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
birmingham
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Topic
how much cost to atlas mountain (1 day) and Essaouira (1 day

I will be in marrakech for 6-7 days i want to make the most of it..

how much should it cost if i get a driver to take me to atlas mountain for a day? and then i was looking for a nice beach spot for another day?

please let me know...

i appreciate your thoughts...

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
4,195 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how much cost to atlas mountain (1 day) and Essaouira (1 day

To Ourika or Imlil expect to pay around 500 dh for 2 in a taxi with english speaking driver; Essaouira around 8OO to 9OO dh although the bus is the cheapest option

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how much cost to atlas mountain (1 day) and Essaouira (1 day

If you have not booked your accommodation yet, then I would say to split your trip between Marrakech and Essaouira, I did this recently and it was a brilliant holiday, say 4/5 nights in Marrakech and 2 nights in Essaouira.

Truebeliver has given you the price for the taxis, I would expect to pay a little bit more for a private driver (with a 7 seater type vehicle). Atlas mountains 700-800 dh, Essaouira 900-1100 dh. If you get the coach to Essaouira then it will cost you 70 dh each way (it takes 3 hours to get there on the coach, it includes a 30 minute stop off at a middway point).

birmingham
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: how much cost to atlas mountain (1 day) and Essaouira (1 day

great thats useful info

where should i stay in essouria? any ideas.. i might make that the last end of the trip and go straight to the airport from there...

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,209 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how much cost to atlas mountain (1 day) and Essaouira (1 day

Hi,

Have a look in the hotels tab on the left of the page on the Essaouira forum for lots of suggestions and reviews.

birmingham
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: how much cost to atlas mountain (1 day) and Essaouira (1 day

great, so do you think essaouria as a day trip or definately as a 2 night stay

i would love to do camel riding , quad biking etc on the beach etc is this all easy to find /arrange on the day?

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how much cost to atlas mountain (1 day) and Essaouira (1 day

I have done Essaouira on 3 seperate daytrips, I always thought that you could do all you wanted to in a daytrip but when you stay there you get a totally different feeling for the place.

Essaouira is one of the most "chilled out" places on Earth, when you are doing it on a daytrip, you get a feel for this but as you want to do everything you find yourself rush around a little. When you stay there for a night or two, you find yourself slowing down and living in the same relaxed manner as the locals, it cannot be beaten if you want to chill out.

Stay in a riad in the medina area, there are lots to choose from, I stayed in Riad Bab Essaouira and found it very comfortable and good value for money.

I have done the quad biking in Essouira with Palmaquad twice, I would highly recommend them as they are very safety conscious and their quad bikes are in very good condition. You can probably book on the day but I would say give them at least 24 hours notice. There are other companies around Essaouira that maybe cheaper but I have not used them.

Edited: 15 March 2012, 22:16
Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how much cost to atlas mountain (1 day) and Essaouira (1 day

An overnight stay in Essaouira is to be recommended although two nights would not go amiss either. The Supratours bus is by far the cheapest option and takes hardly more time than a taxi (around three hours). Book your return ticket on arrival in the town.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,654 posts
439 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: how much cost to atlas mountain (1 day) and Essaouira (1 day

we stayed at the riad chybanate and found this place amazing. the man who built it still owns it and has a vision. i took many pictures of the inside garden setting, quite a masterpiece. great location in the medina, near the east gate, and it was fun to look out the window , early morning, and watch the city come alive. we also rode the bus, and was so easy. 2 days would give you a nice,relaxing time in this great little city. the medina is easy to get around, and the bartering was alot more relaxed!!

the port has great place to eat the fresh fish that comes in daily.

birmingham
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: how much cost to atlas mountain (1 day) and Essaouira (1 day

Is the medina near the beach too? Also how easy is it to book the supratour bus. We will be staying in Marrakech first and spending last 2 days in eussoria

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,209 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: how much cost to atlas mountain (1 day) and Essaouira (1 day

Hi,

Essaouira is quite small so the medina is right by the beach. Buy your bus tickets in Marrakech the day before you want to go.

Get answers to your questions about Marrakech