We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Angel's Pool in late June

Newark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
213 posts
87 reviews
Angel's Pool in late June

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can confirm that Angel's pool will be open for the livingstone tour in late June. Also, which would be the best morning breezer to go for to catch the rainbow on the mist. Thank you

Parcheesee

16 replies to this topic
France
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
1. Re: Angel's Pool in late June

Hi, by any chance did you manage to go on June? Did the pool was open? Can you share me some tips please?

Regards

Victoria Falls...
Level Contributor
461 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Angel's Pool in late June

Yes the Angel's pool will be open in June

Philani Moyo - Owner

Shockwave Adventures

Vic Falls

Newark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
213 posts
87 reviews
3. Re: Angel's Pool in late June

I haven't gone yet. - I look forward to it in june

Newark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
213 posts
87 reviews
4. Re: Angel's Pool in late June

I've been told that the water levels are very high this year. Obviously I don't want to do this if it's not safe, but does anyone have some current updates? Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
42 reviews
5. Re: Angel's Pool in late June

You need to check with local tour guides... wild horizons is one that comes to mind...

Last year the angels pools was not opened until mid July with the devils pool a month later in mid to late August... and you are right, water flows have been high this year, so for it to be open in June would be surprising..

Newark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
213 posts
87 reviews
6. Re: Angel's Pool in late June

I see. So does this means Livingstone will not be open? Or is it possible to go there without the swim? I am wondering if Livingstone is worth visiting still for itself

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
42 reviews
7. Re: Angel's Pool in late June

Both sides of the falls (livingstone - zambia & vic falls - zimbabwe) offer different views and activities.

Angels and Devils pools are only on Zambian side, Livingstone is a much bigger town also.

Zimbabwe has the better views of the falls and a longer walk to view the falls, but you cannot go in the water (except for the white water rafting but thats down river from the falls) and Vic Falls is a much much smaller town.

How many days are you there for, you really only need a day each side to do the basic activities.

Newark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
213 posts
87 reviews
8. Re: Angel's Pool in late June

I have 4 days! And wondering how to fill them, especially if pools are closed. I've read that Livingstone island has an opening date of 15 June, but not sure. I don't suppose that includes the pool, maybe just a nice place to sit at the edge of the falls?

Edited: 12 June 2018, 13:20
Victoria Falls...
Level Contributor
461 posts
13 reviews
9. Re: Angel's Pool in late June

This is a different year as the water level is still high for the Angel`s Pool. Last years at this time it was a different story.

As soon as it opens we will drop a post here on TA

Newark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
213 posts
87 reviews
10. Re: Angel's Pool in late June

That is not good news. Any chance Livingstone Island will be open by the last week of June? We are two weeks away

Reply to: Angel's Pool in late June
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted