We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Africa Victoria falls

USA
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Africa Victoria falls

Can anyone recommend a travel agent or travel company they have use for a trip to South Africa including the Victoria falls.

Thanks

Chris

Wayzata, Minnesota
Level Contributor
2,879 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Africa Victoria falls

Where do you live in the USA? I may be able to recordend a local expert.

Craig Beal - Owner - Travel Beyond

2011 & 2012 Travel & Leisure A-list Agent Botswana & Zimbabwe

Wayzata, Minnesota
Level Contributor
2,879 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Africa Victoria falls

Where do you live in the USA? I may be able to recordend a local expert.

Craig Beal - Owner - Travel Beyond

2011 & 2012 Travel & Leisure A-list Agent Botswana & Zimbabwe

USA
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Africa Victoria falls

east coast ri

Wayzata, Minnesota
Level Contributor
2,879 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Africa Victoria falls

I don't know any great safari agent/operator in Rhode Island. The closest one I would personally recommend is Classic Africa in Hartford but I am not sure if they are taking on new clients at this time (only people referred by past clients). If you want to work with someone on a phone/email basis and you can tell me an approximate budget for your land arrangements I can match you with two good options to "test drive".

Craig Beal - owner - Travel Beyond

2011/2012 Travel & Leisure A-List agent for Zimbabwe and Botswana

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
13 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Africa Victoria falls

Hi Chris,

I used African Welcome Safaris (http://www.africanwelcome.com/). They are based out of Cape Town and provided us with a FANTASTIC trip through South Africa and Victoria Falls. Kathi Simon is the owner and she will provide you with great suggestions and make sure every detail of your tour is taken care of.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
2,272 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Africa Victoria falls

It depends on the experience you are looking for. There are a couple questions you have to ask yourself

Private vs group tour?

Overland vs flying?

Camping vs hotels?

What sites do you want included?

How long do you have to travel?

Pecatonica, Illinois
Level Contributor
434 posts
355 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Africa Victoria falls

We used Mark Nolting at African Adventures, based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. We're in Illinois. He is recommended by 100 great travel agents in Conde Nast. We appreciated that he asked, "What to you want from your safari," rather than just giving us a trip he thought we should take. They were excellent. We worked with Kyle Whitten there. They had very good communication and things went off seamlessly.

Dubai, United Arab...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Africa Victoria falls

When are you planning to be in Africa? Visiting sites (including Vic Falls) depends much on the time of the year.

Montpelier, Idaho
Level Contributor
17 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Africa Victoria falls

I have used Thomson Safaris based in the US and Jenman Safaris based in South Africa with good results. I am from Idaho and have found advantages to working with both US and with African based companies. It largely depends on the type of trip you want and how much you want to spend.

Victoria Falls...
Level Contributor
398 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Africa Victoria falls

I will suggest you try astrid@africaneyestravel.com www.africaneyestravel.com 2 guest of mine booked a trip with this lady last year in November although they started in Victoria Falls and ended in South Africa CapeTown and said it was amazing but it depends if you want a private trip or what?. If you don’t get through her email let me know I am in Colorado right now and will be meeting her next week.

Philani Moyo - Owner – Shockwave Adventures

2012 and 2013 Rafting & Kayaking Champions in Zimbabwe and Zambia