We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Advice on September Visit

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Need Advice on September Visit

My family plans to visit Victoria Falls in mid September. Will water level be too low at that rime of the year that we cannot fully appreciate the mightiness of the falls? The last thing I want is to travel all the way from Canada to see a disjointed falls as we are unlikely to go back a 2nd time. Any advice is appreciated.

Maine or Africa
Level Contributor
69 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Advice on September Visit

There are two ways of looking at your question. I have visited the falls in every month from April to October.

In the early months, (April-June) you will likely find the falls in full flow. The downside of this is it is often so misty that you truly cannot take in the whole of the falls. As you get further into the season , (July-Sept.) typically the falls are slowing their flow allowing for a clearer view of the gorge as well as the falls themselves. I prefer the latter over the former. Hope this helps.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Advice on September Visit

Hi tim416,

Thanks for your reply. I certainly don't want to view the falls thru heavy mist spray but I don't want to be looking at a barren gorge either. We are not interested in white water rafting or swimming to the ledge of the falls. Will there still be enough water in mid Sep. to have a good appreciation of the falls or will it be pretty dried up?

Victoria Falls...
Level Contributor
397 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Advice on September Visit

September will be still good to see the falls and the month with less water its end on October, so i think you will enjoy the falls.

Philani Moyo Owner and Guide Shockwave Adventures Victoria falls

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,286 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Advice on September Visit

The falls on the Zambian side will probably not be that good. On the Zimbabwean side it will be fine.

When the water is high, the falls are best viewed from Zambia. When the water is lower, from Zimbabwe.

Edited: 24 March 2014, 23:10
5. Re: Need Advice on September Visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2015, 12:16