We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Bed & Breakfast" Options

San Diego...
1 post
Save Topic
"Bed & Breakfast" Options

Hello - We're staying one night at The Kingdom Hotel in Victoria Falls, but when I go to book there are 3 options for the room: Domestic, Regional, or Foreign Bed & Breakfast, with Foreign being the most expensive. Can anyone advise the difference or what is offered? Thank you!

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
8,076 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: "Bed & Breakfast" Options

I may be wrong but I believe Domestic = Zim resident; Regional = resident of neighboring countries in Southern Africa and Foreign = everywhere else.

london
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
4,922 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: "Bed & Breakfast" Options

I suspect RV is correct. Local residents get the cheapest rate, international visitors pay the highest rate, and SADC residents probably pay something in between.

So I'm afraid you pay the foreign rate.

Maun, Botswana
Level Contributor
532 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Bed & Breakfast" Options

No difference in the rooms whatsoever. As an overseas visitor you will pay more. This is not only in Zimbabwe - it happens in many other Southern African Countries - it is an effort to attract local guests by offering them a local rate - not a case of overcharging international clients

4. Re: "Bed & Breakfast" Options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2015, 13:17